Thursday, January 6, 2011

Always The Last To Know

imagesCARWJ0WB

So, there is one more thing I am in love with.  I was all excited and thought I had discovered something new.  But evidently everyone has been using this and I am just the last to know.  Why does this always happen to me?

Anyway, I finally discovered Windows Live Writer.  There are so many ways this program makes blogging easier, faster and gives you so many more options.  I love options.  I am by no means an expert on it yet and don’t know everything it is capable of doing…but this is what I do know so far:

1. It is FREE to download and use, but not compatible with Mac. I will say that I had some trouble downloading it and figuring everything out, but I think you could chalk it up to user error. Stick with it.

2.  It links directly to your blog and when you are writing your posts and uploading pictures you are viewing your actual blog page.  So you can see exactly what it is going to look like in real life.

3.  You can use any Font that you have on your computer.  This is my favorite part because I Red heart fonts and it would always frustrate me that blogger did not have any good options!

4.  Loading pictures is so much faster and easier in this program.  You can move your pictures around and resize them to whatever size you want.

5. It has lots of options for real emoticons likeShiftyandRed heartandThumbs upandSchool busand lots more.  I like the heart.  and if you know me and have read my blog regularly, you know I love me a smiley face!Smile

6. Adding links is really easy and kind of automatic.  I don’t know how to explain what it does, but you will see once you try it.

7.  Oh, it has automatic spell check and we all know how I feel about that.

Just thought I would pas it on for those of you who live in a cave like me.

3 comments:

jday said...

Well, evidently I'm in the cave next door to you b/c I've never heard of it either! (Not that I would've tried it by now if I had heard of it and it did work on a Mac!)

Does this mean that you'll be posting more now??!

Momofgirls said...

Cave dweller here, too! AND I have a Mac....dang it!

I'm with Julie...I hope more posts are coming!!

Caroline G. said...

I didn't know about it either...you are the bomb for sharing. I can't wait to check it out! Caroline