Saturday, June 20, 2009

Random Confession About Spellcheck

OK, I am going to go ahead and state what has probably become obvious to most of you who read my blog. I am horrible at spelling and even worse at punctuation. I skipped college and went to beauty school people...what do you expect! I am sure my husband is mortified every time he reads my blog because he is a English teacher and notices every little mistake and I have had my sisters point our several mistakes for me in the past. Like when I meant to write that I was a "loser mom" the other day but had put "looser"! I am also embarrassed to say that I did not even notice that there was a spellcheck button on blogger posting until a few months into my blogging. When I look back at my first few posts I am mortified to see how many mistakes there are.
I am saying all this because I have now become so stressed out when commenting on other people's blogs, because there is no spellcheck when you comment. I am sure almost all my comments I leave on your blogs are filled with horrible mistakes and you probably wonder if I even passed 8th grade. I told Mark the other day to forget college, I need to go back and do high school over again. So I just wanted to put this disclaimer out there so that you will all know that I do recognize this problem and I am aware of it. Please just ignore all the mistakes I make when commenting on your blogs and don't make fun of me behind my back! :)

Photobucket

10 comments:

Elizabeth said...

This might be one of your funniest ones yet....seriously.

Keeping it real. THAT will always trump proper spelling.

And by the way, MANY MANY MANY college graduate, post grad, etc. etc. Can't spell worth a HOOT...Don't kid yourself into thinking that makes much of a difference. Everyone relies on spellcheck and now do not know how to spell on their own. Speaking of their....there is that whole their, there, they're thing too. Wow...that one gets crazy.

Ok, I'm done.
Thank you for making me laugh!!

Elizabeth said...

Oh, by the way, imagine having Carrie Sue as your mom reading your blogs. It's like I'm turning in a term paper every time I write something.

Oy vey.

tee hee..

The Bentleys said...

I LOVE your blog! What spelling problems??? Your writing is wonderful to read...you and Liz both have a similar sound to your stuff...maybe it's a "familial" thing, y'know? It's SO REAL! Your son, as I told him, takes his skill from his momma...I think that he is amazingly articulate...you probably don't realize how much. Maybe his skills also come from Mark, too, but I have not read any of his stuff. Nikki, your blog is fabulous...Forget the spelling!I can hear you talking when I read your writing. That is a remarkable gift. You're on some sort of last days of pregnancy "fret seizure syndrome," probably. Looking forward to Thursday...love you, kiddo!

Well, I just read what Liz said...she is so right ...about MOST of what she said...not very kind about her mom, though, ! !

Donna said...

Nikki,
I am so glad you have brought this issue up. I was really getting embarrassed when you would comment on my blog. I had to explain you to a bunch of my friends. JUST KIDDING!!

Nikki! You're so funny. I honestly have never noticed your misspelled words. We all do it. That's what happens when you're excited to do a post or write a comment and your fingers type too quickly:) Don't worry about it!

LOL that you recently realized spell check was on the blog:)

Dolly said...

Nikki! I completely relate to this post. I'm the SAME WAY! I do spell check and STILL see things that are wrong...and I WENT to college. I'm terrible at spelling and grammar. See, I just spelled grammar "grammer" and had to back space to redo it and put the "a" in. Good post, goooooood post!

BTW, nothing like waiting until the night before to do my father's day profile picture. I have everything I need but just realized that my pic is too small. I feel like giving up!

Rose said...

Oh Nikki..that is so funny because I feel the same way. I tell Greg all the time I need to go back to grammar school because I forget all punctuations. where I am supposed to put commas, etc. My brother was Valedictorian (spell?) and when he reads my blog I know he just cringes.. I have never noticed any misspelled words on you r blog.
Now I am being paranoid leaving this comment. Don't be looking for mistakes because I am sure there, their, they're are a lot of them..hehe

Denise said...

Are you kidding???? I am the queen of typos. My brain AND my fingers are fried. And most times I am too lazy to go back and reread my post and check it. Mrs. Rowlette (is that how you spell her name???) would not be happy with my typing skills! Seriously, I feel like an old lady because I seriously cannot THINK anymore. I pray it all comes back to me.

Also, I think sometimes we as readers just skip over a word that is not spelled right or has letters out of order--I never even picked up on the word loser being spelled wrong.

At least your sisters tell you. I catch my typos days later. Embarrassing--sometimes MADDIE tells me I have a typo. (Cue the Debbie Downer music!)

Denise said...

Rose, I am laughing! "Your" funny!

Leah said...

Don't worry about it - I stink at grammar/punctuation. My 4th grade son is better at it than I am!!! :)

Momofgirls said...

Who cares how it is spelled or even if the grammar is correct...we love YOU and your posts!!

Gosh, I WAS a teacher and make way too many mistakes between my pitiful typing and trying to hurry to get something posted!!

Great post!! xoxo