Friday, July 10, 2009

Post It Note Craft Idea

Here is another CHEAP and EASY craft idea ($4 each, but possibly less if you already have some of the supplies). I decided to make a few of these while I have some time on my hands and put them away for when I need some gifts in the future. They are perfect for teacher gifts.
You will need:
- 1 piece of scrapbook paper ...usually $.50
- 1 acrylic picture frame 4x6 ...$1
- 1 set of post it notes ...$1
- 1 pentel pen (optional) ...$.50
- Ribbon ...$1 or you probably already have some
You will need some of these cheap acrylic frames. I used the 4x6 size and found them at Wal Mart for $1. But I think you can find these just about anywhere.
You will also need some post it notes. I was surprised to find out that regular post it notes can be a little expensive, but I found these cute ones at Michaels in the $1 bin.
First you will need to cut out your scrapbook paper and insert it into the frame. Sorry the picture below is not very good. The frame is clear so I am not even sure you can see it?
If you want to coordinate your pen with your scrapbook paper you can buy the PENTEL RSVP brand pens, unscrew the bottom and roll up a piece of scrapbook paper. Tuck the paper inside the pen and then insert the ink part and screw it back in. Otherwise any regular pen or pencil will work fine and be just as cute. Take a small loop of coordinating ribbon and staple it together a few times to hold in place. I wrapped mine around my pen to make sure I secured it in the right place so that it would hold the pen firmly, but would also allow it to be removed. Then hot glue the ribbon to the BACK side of the frame, about half way down the frame.
This looked a little messy from the back, so I hot glued another piece of ribbon to cover the staples and inserted the pen.
Attach the post it note to the front. I used a little double sided tape on the back of the post it stack to help it hold a little better. Add a bow around the top.
Here is a side view so you can see how it will sit up on a desk.
Here are just a few of the ones I made today.
Of course everything gets wrapped in a cellophane bag to make it extra cute. Since the post it notes came is sets of 2 that coordinate, I tucked the extra one in the back of the bag so the person would have a replacement when they ran out.
Give it a try...Enjoy!

Photobucket

6 comments:

jday said...

ADORABLE!! Very good idea that I will add to my teacher gift file!

Elizabeth said...

I might actually be able to pull this one off. Maybe.

Verrrry cute Nik!

Leah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Leah said...

LOVE it - but I know I'd never be able to do that cute bow at the top!

Rose said...

well, aren't you fancy nancy..so cute!

Happy Four said...

Nikki, this looks like something I may be able to do. I wish I lived down the street and you could be my tutor!