Valentines for boys can always be tricky. I found some ideas on Pinterest and I decided to give them a try with a little twist.
Original idea for Grenade Valentine - Jacolyn Murphy
Original idea for Wheelie Valentine - Thirty Handmade Days
I made 2 versions of these. One for Adam (Grenade) & One for Colton (Wheelie)
1. I started with these tin boxes. They were on clearance for 10 cents at Michaels and I bought all they had. I had no idea what I would do with them at the time, but this just happened to be the perfect project.
2. Designed and printed my valentines to fit the top of the boxes.
LINK TO PRINT YOUR OWN AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS POST.
3. Cut them out and then used my corner rounder because it makes the cards look so much better.
4. Use double sided take to stick the cards to the top of each box
I found these army men at Target and Wal Mart. They are in the party favor section and come in a bag of 6. I think they are cheaper at Wal Mart ($2) and the exact same thing as Target. They are larger than the regular little army men and have a fun little parachute.
You can find the cars anywhere, obviously. But the dollar store has them in packages of 3. 3 for $1...not bad. They are also in happy meals right now. So if you are like me and go to Mc D's more than you want to admit, you can start collecting your cars.
6. Gather your cars or army men
7. Fill tin with paper shreds and insert the toy of your choice...you might want to add some candy too. :)
If the tins are too hard to find or too expensive, you could also use a little muslin bag.
Or pillow boxes that can be found in the cake/candy section of any craft store.
Ok...I have never done this before, so I have no idea if this will actually work or if I loaded and saved everything right. But if you want the printable for either of these try the links below. Fingers crossed on this one, but no promises. :) I left a blank space so you can hand write the name.
Grenade Valentine









4 comments:
I love your design!! Thanks for sharing! I found you through TT&J. I'm a new follower :)
xo, Patty from www.mycraftspotlight.com
Thank you so much for the credit, yours look AWESOME!
I LOVE LOVE The Wheelie valentines! I have tried to download them but Scribd is not really cooperating. Is there any way you could email them to me? I would be suuuper grateful!! jessiedrodwell@gmail.com
Love that these are for boys! So cute! I had to share it on my CraftBliss Valentine Freebie Bliss Board on Pinterest and link back to you. ~Dee
Post a Comment