This is a picture of Adam’s pitiful room (his quilt was in the washer…I do give him blankets!)
When we moved in a few months ago, Mark & I both agreed we were going to take some time away from house projects for the summer (We were burned out from our last house and all the work it constantly needed) We just wanted to enjoy some time off. But we have a long list of things we want to do to this new house and it is time to get busy. This is how Adam’s room has looked since we moved in and I knew it would be my first project. Now that the boys are back in school and everyone is on a better schedule…this room will be my JOB for the next 2 weeks.
All we have in the room so far is a bed (purchased for $25 on craigslist!) and I am keeping the rest of this project on a tight budget. So next up I found this UGLY dresser/nightstand at Good Will for $25!
I knew the dresser was old…but when I got home and opened one of the drawers, I found this strange surprise and it confirmed that the dresser was in fact OLD! And a little creepy.
I am not a fan of spray painting furniture because it always seems to look patchy and not smooth. But I tried this INCREDIBLE paint and I LOVE IT!!! The color is Dark Walnut in Satin. It is between a black and brown…the perfect color!
The coverage was great and it only took 2 cans to do the entire piece.
I sanded and distressed the edges and corners a little bit.
Adam has a collection of mini baseball bats that have been sitting in a box in his closet. I pulled them out and they were the perfect size for the drawer pulls. We attached the fat part of the bat by just screwing directly into it from the inside of the dresser.
And we used a spacer on the skinny side of the bat to make it even out.
There is still so much that needs to be done in this room. I need to get to work on painting those walls and making the room look less BARE!
I will be back with an update when it is all finished.




7 comments:
Really cute, Nikki! I bet Adam LOVES his room. That dresser looks like something out of PBK. Speaking of, I know they sell a cute baseball table lamp.
Ask Denise to take a picture of the baseball score board Danny made for Danny Jr's bedroom. It's really cool!
Hey, this is REALLY cute. We are going to copy--except that I currently don't have any dressers in my children rooms because all they do is stuff --and I mean STUFF them with clothes--it make me so made after all the work I do washing, drying and folding it. SO I hang up just about everything and they have baskets in their closets for socks and so on. Anyway...
When I saw your post I showed big Danny immediately. He said, tell Nikki she did a great job. I'm gonna email you some pictures of what we did for Dandan's baseball room. Easy and cheap too!
LOVE it! You did a great job on that dresser! I love the bats as the drawer pulls..what a great idea! If you want some "Liberty Baseball" stuff, I know a girl who works in the office there and she can hook you up!
Love!! I wished one of my boys was more obsessed with baseball because now I want to do that! LOL at the creepy little leftover. I found icky underwear behind the drawers of a dresser I got at goodwill-surprises aren't always good.
What a clever way to add fun and personality to a space (and reuse those mini-bats!). Great transformation, too!
Love it! When you're done with the room I'd love to showcase it on my blog. For now, I 'd like to invite you to link the dresser at my blog party Tuesday's Nursery.
Also, if you need a small table in the room, also made with a bat, search baseball on my blog to see what another blogger did.
Nan
PlayfulDecor.blogspot.com
Denise--I would love to see your easy and cheap baseball room ideas--hoping to transform my boys room soon--They are Phillies obsessed!!
pecarooskie@yahoo.com
Amy
Post a Comment