Thursday, May 21, 2009

Flower Pot

You may remember THIS post I did a long time ago on how to make your own monogrammed coffee mug...without an embroidery machine.
Well, I thought I would share this flower pot option that uses the basic same instructions as the coffee mug.
You can purchase these "Color A Pot" flower pots at AC Moore for $1! Thats right $1!!!! Use your coupon and you can get them for .60! They are intended to be used for kids to color the little insert, but I just take the insert out and use it as a template to cut out scrapbook paper. Same concept as the coffee mug instructions from HERE.
Add some ribbon and you are done!
Fill with a small potted plant, candy, or you could make those flower pens you see everywhere. These make perfect teacher, birthday or any occasion gifts. Cost for the pot and paper should be around $1.50 total. Cant beat that.


Photobucket

9 comments:

Momofgirls said...

Yippee...another teacher gift idea! (now if only we had AC MOore!)

Denise said...

Another good one!

Leah said...

wow - you are so crafty. too bad i've never heard of AC Moore. :)

Dolly said...

Nikki! You are brilliant! I was just telling Donna, I would NEVER have thought to do something like this. You really are good!

Jane said...

This is such a cute idea. I don't have an AC Mores. Maybe Oriental Trader has those pots tho. Would be perfect for bridal shower favors.

Rose said...

very cute! but what is AC moore?

Nikki said...

AC Moore is a craft store...I thought they were everywhere, but I guess not. I would think Michaels or Hobby Lobby would sell these too. Check in the isle with the kids stuff like crayons and paints.

Jennifer said...

Nikki, please start just being a lazy pregnant lady like me and stop coming up with these great ideas! Those are adorable and such a great idea.

Hope you and the Colt man are feeling good!

Angela Richardson said...

Okay, Nikki, I've been lurking on your little blog for a while now, and I'm coming out of the closet about it! You are one creative gal! Seriously...you need a talk show or something. Your family is beautiful by the way too!

I'll properly introduce myself...Hogwash - this is Crumbs... Crumbs - this is Hogwash. There! Now don't be a stranger on crumbsinmybutter! :)