Step 1: Purchase this "Create Your Own Tumbler" at Starbucks.
$10.95
Cut one side of the paer so it is 8.5 x 12. Then use your WORD document to type the monogram initials you want. The layout will need to be set to landscape. Make the middle letter a much larger font that the 2 outside letters. For this paticular font I used a size of 120 for the center letter and 80 for the outside letters, but this will just depend on the font. Try several different fonts, since some look alot better in a monogram font than other. Make sure the monogram is in the center of the page and PRINT!
Step 3: Unscrew the bottom of your tumbler and take out the template. Place template in the center of your printed page and trace around the edges.
Step 4: Cut out along the traced edges and insert your new paper into the tumbler.
Here you go...the final product! TRY IT!




6 comments:
I love this Nikki! Great idea and next time when I'm in a hurry for a monogrammed gift idea, I'll try this instead of calling you to monogram something for me last minute. :) Thanks for the tip!
Cute! This would also be good in those Sippy cups you can personalize yourself. I think Playtex makes them and Target sells them. I might have a little weekend craft to do:)
Donna, maybe you should try and make a personalized sippy cup and send it to Suri Cruise?
What a BRILLIANT idea. Please keep posting ideas for those of us that are creatively challenged...me!
Love to you, Caroline Bell Grossman
they also have these mugs on orientaltrading.com for $2.95 each. search fot the color your own collection!
I know you did this over a month ago, but could you let me know a couple fonts you prefer for your monograms done on the computer? This is a SUPER idea for teacher gifts.
Post a Comment