The boys have been out of school all week so Adam wrote a schedule for the week with a different Christmas activity for each day. Yesterday was cookie baking and gingerbread house making day.
I assembled the basic parts of the gingerbread house, but then I stepped back and let the boys do the rest all by themselves.
Colton was very helpful with eating half the candy and dropping the rest on the floor. I am surprised there was anything left to decorate with.
Please ignore the cans of beans holding up the roof...
Please also ignore the fact that Colton was still in his PJ's...
When this beauty was finished, we got dressed for the day and moved on to making Candy Cane Cookies. Colton loved rolling the dough.
I spent the rest of the day cleaning all the messes and I am still finding little candies all over the floor, but it was s fun day full of good memories. The boys were so proud of their gingerbread house and I have caught Colton trying to eat it several times already. Not sure it will make it through Christmas.




1 comment:
You're such a good mom.
I have never made one of these with my children, until this year with Harry Jack at school. It was SO much fun. I think I was just too worried about the big mess it would make with 5 children trying to make a gingerbread house together. BUT, after the fun that Harry Jack and I had I think it is truly worth it and we will be doing it from now on in our home. Plus, it is so much fun to eat the candy and frosting! Yummy!
Post a Comment