Mark and I had a little weekend project making this bathroom towel hook…
from this kitchen light…
(not our actual light…I forgot to take a picture while it was still up…but it looked just like this)
The boys bathroom had one of these standard towel racks. The problem is that they could not reach it and even if they could, I don’t think they would ever put their towels back on it.
We had been updating some light fixtures in our house and had removed this pretty thing from our kitchen and had planned to just throw it out.
After taking the light and wiring out, we were left with this nice piece of moulding. It was good stuff and I didn’t want to throw it away…then I remembered THIS idea I had pinned on Pinterest.
We cut the frame in half and then trimmed down the sides to the length on the board we were using for the back piece. The best part…not having to miter the corners because it was already done! We just so happened to have a scrap piece to use for the back, but now I wish we would have purchased a wider piece so it looked a little more like the original on The Idea Room.
Attached the moulding to the back piece with liquid nails and screws.
Put the top piece and base moulding on and clamp that baby together!
I had these hooks (purchased at a friends yard sale for $1 – for 5!) Thanks Denni! They were perfect for this.
Ahhh…I like it so much better than the towel rod. Fingers crossed that the towels end up on the hooks…we will see about that.
FYI – It is not easy taking pictures in a small bathroom!




3 comments:
great job! very creative!
I love pinterest and I love how creative you are. The hook shelf looks so good! Who would have though from an old light fixture.
Wow! How clever of you to use the old light framing! It turned out great. Thanks so much for the shout out!
Post a Comment