When Colton was a baby he did not have a favorite blanket or paci…or anything else to help soothe him for that matter. Oh how I wished he did at that time. However, in the past few months he has slowly acquired a collection of blankets (6 to be exact) that must all be with with him in order for him to sleep. He can sense right away if one is missing. Even in the pitch dark.
Some of them are his baby blankets and some are throws from the couch that he steals and claims as his. The old Mickey Mouse one belonged to my little brother and my mom passed it on to Colton recently so he could add to his collection.
Now, there are different levels within the 6 blankets. While 4 of them remain in the crib most of the time, the 2 blankets pictured below have been selected as the ones that get carried all over the house and out shopping…everywhere we go. Yes, 2 of them! These 2 are called “hanket”.
And if you are thinking his crib is looking a little weird in the pictures, you would be correct. We have resorted to moving the mattress to the floor and turning the crib backwards and up against 2 walls to prevent him from climbing out 20 times a night.
It did not work. He still crawls out. He has super human strength and determination. His room is very bare and I have decided that I am not decorating it or doing anything until he is out of this stage and in a big boy bed.




1 comment:
hahah! When I first read the title to that post, I thought it said Blanket Holder and I thought you had made some type of holder for blankets:)
Okay, Colton's bed is hilarious...it's like a cage! And he can still get out of that thing??????!!
Post a Comment