Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Colton’s Language

P1080211

I realize that most children say funny things or say words a little different when they are first learning to talk.  Colton is no exception and he has his own little language and uses words for certain thing that sound nothing like what they actually are.  Even when we try to correct him, he still sticks to “his words”.  Let me give a few examples…P1080024

He is completely OBSESSED with plastic beverage bottles.  Water and Gatorade bottles are his favorite and he must have one in his hands at all times.  Kind of like other kids have to have a blanket or paci…Colton has to have a water bottle, which he calls “chicka”.  He cries for “chickas” all day long.  If he sees other people with plastic bottles (which is almost everyone) he screams and cries for their “chicka”.  When we are in the checkout lane at the store and he sees the little refrigerator with all the drinks, he freaks out and gets so excited as if it is a box full of toys.  It is really strange, but funny.P1080210

Adam has a large collection of Nerf guns that Colton dreams of getting his little hands on.  He calls these “Bubba Awesome”????  OK, the Bubba part I get because that is what he calls Adam, but we have no idea where he got the awesome.  We were at Target the other night and passed the Nerf aisle and Colton started yelling “Bubba Awesome”.

Brewer Family 2009_107

The grandkids call my mom “Gigi”, but Colton calls her “Gigi’s House”.  As soon as he sees her he will yell “Gigi’s House” even if we are not at her house.  I assume he got this because we will say “Lets got to Gigi’s house” and so he thinks that is her name.

P1080213

He calls his cousin Bentley…”monkey”.  We have no clue on this.  Poor Bentley, he really looks nothing like a monkey.

Colton has also picked up a bad habit from me.  I had no idea how much I used the phrase “Oh My Gosh” or that I even used it at all.  But I must use it a lot and I think I particularly use it with him a lot because of all the messes I always find him getting into.  Well, he has now started saying this phrase all the time and he even pauses between each word to give it more impact like ”OH…..MY…..GOSH!”  I know, it is not a cute thing for a 2 year old boy to be saying.  But it is pretty funny.

2 comments:

Denise said...

Good for you in documenting all these cute words and phrases he says. Kids are so funny in what they say and call things. It's also funny that we all tend to say "Gig's house" or "Grammy's house" when it is clearly the Granddaddy's house too!

with love, jennifer said...

I wish I could hear him talk!! What a cutie!