Mark & I celebrated our anniversary this past weekend by going to Berry Hill Resort. I had actually never heard of it until someone gave us a gift certificate to stay there. I was shocked that it was less than and hour away from our house…weird that something can be that close, but you didn’t even know it. Evidently it is a very popular place for weddings…some really beautiful weddings that have been featured in magazines and even Martha Stewart. I think it was once an tobacco plantation and the land has lots of interesting history.
This was the main mansion…BEAUTIFUL!
The entire resort was decorated in Silhouettes. Everywhere you looked there were beautiful Silhouettes of historical and local people from the past.
There was a separate hotel next to the main mansion. I was expecting a Bed & Breakfast (which I am not a fan of) So I was really excited to see it was a actual hotel with all the modern amenities.Each room had its own balcony with rocking chairs. It was so quiet and relaxing.
They even have a nice indoor pool and a very nice spa that offered massages, facials and the works!
We tried to take a picture of ourselves because we did not want to ask anyone. This is a very unfortunate angle for me. :(
This was our dining table… Where I had FRIED GREEN TOMATOES with pimento cheese. Quite possibly the best thing I have ever eaten and I cant stop thinking about it.
They have bikes for you to ride around the resort. Have I ever mentioned on here that I am really scared of bikes? I am! But I am trying to work through it.
Happy Anniversary Marky! It was fun!_________________________________________________________________________
Next up…Early Sunday morning me, my mom and my sisters drove to Woodbridge to do some shopping. My mom has never been to IKEA and all she wanted for mothers day was trip to Ikea. Sometimes when it is just us girls together we can end up on conversations that not everyone appreciates or there can be the long pauses of nothing to talk about. Soooo…my SUPER FUNNY sister, Jenny, brought a “conversation jar” filled with topics to discuss. I have never laughed so hard and I have no idea how Jenny thought up some of these disturbingly funny topics. Here is my mom pulling the first conversation topic. I wish I could share them with you, but trust me…you would be offended! :) I think the conversation jar will be a new tradition.
Mom was so happy to finally try some Swedish meatballs.
We racked up and shopped till we dropped…notice the big smile on momma’s face.




No comments:
Post a Comment