So, I am not a big freak with the Royal Wedding. I mean, I could not avoid all the hype on TV this week, but I am not crazy obsessed with it all. I am interested to see the dress, but that is about it.
However, my mom has been invited to a Royal Wedding party where all the ladies will come in their PJ’s with hats & gloves…at 4 AM to watch the wedding! Ha! Sounds fun, right? My mom wanted to take something for all the ladies and she also wanted a t shirt to go with her PJ pants.
I did a little prototype t shirt and this is what I came up with…along with the help of my trusty Silhouette machine and some t shirt vinyl.
WHOA!!!!! AHHHHH!!!! Stop the presses!
I think I made a ROYAL mistake. Do you see it???? 4.30.11 - You see, there are 2 big dates coming up this weekend. The 29th is the wedding and the 30th is our yard sale (yes, we are having another one) I got the 2 dates confused I guess. Whoopsie.
I just peeled the 30 off and quickly replaced it with 29. Whew! That was a close one. Could have been a little embarrassing.
Great! Now I see another mistake. This is why it was good to do a practice one. I put Will’s name under the girls head and vice versa. Lovely.
Here is the corrected and final version for my momma’s PJ’s. Glad I finally got the kinks worked out.
Then it was on to making the little gifts for the party goers. My mom wanted cute coffee mugs, but all they had at the dollar store were these beer steins. We made it work and my mom wanted to be a little funny with them, it was not supposed to be a serious gift. We added the adhesive vinyl in the silhouette design on one side.
This was the other side…looks crooked, but I think it is the dots in the background.
Cant wait to hear how the party goes. I will be fast asleep at 4 AM.




3 comments:
You are a blogging queen!! Seriously though, your blog posts got me through work. They blocked Blogger.com but Google Reader's not!! Love the vinyl cut outs! Are they from Silhouette's website?
Oh my, I laughed when I saw Colton's ear. He is all boy for sure!
Cute! But NO WAY would I be up and at a party at 4:00 AM--not even if one of my sisters were hosting it!
And, little Colton is adorable. I am glad you have 2 boys that are all boy!
Love your cute little blog. I just became a follower! {Found you through Made by you Monday's} Would love for you to stop by mine sometime. www.livelaughlovetodecorate.blogspot.com
Take care! :)
~Amanda
Post a Comment