Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Adam makes me smile!

**This post is for my scrapbook/memory purposes...it may have come across a little annoying or like "my child is the best and cutest ever" if I didn't give this disclaimer first** :)
I love this stage that Adam is in right now. I love to see the things he writes and draws and how he expresses himself. Sometimes it can be so funny and also so sweet. For example, Adam gave us this paper after church on Sunday. He said they were asked to write/draw about a time when they were faced with a difficult situation and they chose to follow God.

His story was about a lost pencil!!! Oh to be 7 years old and have your worst fear be losing your pencil! I cant imagine what his teacher thought when he saw this.
Then Adam came home from school yesterday with this paper he was assigned to write. The title was "Adam and the awesome, wonderful, very good, great day!" (way to keep the title short and simple Adam)
I love how he included getting a baby brother among things like getting a Wii and making the basketball team that would make for an "awesome, wonderful, very good & great day!"
And finally, my favorite. You may remember this trip to the Pumpkin Patch... with the whole family...on the coldest day EVER! Well, what I didn't mention in my original post was that Adam had a complete meltdown that day. We had already purchased pumpkins at another pumpkin patch before this excursion. So when it was time to leave and all of Adam's cousins were buying the biggest pumpkins ever. Seriously, the hugest pumpkins you can imagine. He assumed that he would be getting one too. When I informed him he would not be getting one, he did not handle it well. (I know I am a mean mom and should have just got another pumpkin for him, but those things are expensive...and I had already spent all my money on my fried oreos!) I was taking Colton to the car and in the meantime Noel decided to be a nice aunt and buy a pumpkin for Adam. Well, the pumpkin was not near as big as the ones Bentley & Riley had. So instead of being grateful for his pumpkin (that he was not supposed to get) he complained about the small size and even cried about it. Oh, I was some kind of mad about his behavior and this resulted in a VERY LONG discussion. Which led Adam to write Noel this letter...

I love that sweet boy! He makes me smile!

Photobucket

4 comments:

Denise said...

Very cute. In my experience boys say and do the funniest things. I love the minds of my boys! Girls are more practical and logical. Boys just say what is on their minds. LOVE IT!

Momofgirls said...

How sweet of Adam to write the precious apology letter! We have had MANY days like that over what our cousins have IN THEIR GARAGES! My kids NEVER had those ride on toys...well, ALL the cousins have them. Lindsay got a Dora car from Scott's parents LAST YEAR (she was 11) and still tries to ride it even though her legs are so long.

(guess where the Dora car is now??!! In the cousin's garage!) My other 2 girls were NOT happy about it AT ALL!!! Nobody told us they were giving it to them...ahhh, DRAMA! {be glad you have boys!}

The Bentleys said...

I am so glad that you keep up with your blog, especially since we don't! You are a gifted communicator, my dear niece...so much fun to read! Your son is following in your footsteps! I want to see that picture of his glowering, scowling eyes as Gracie was holding his newborn brother! That is one of the funniest pics I have ever seen! Is is somewhere in your blog?

Dolly said...

Adam is adorable! I love the letter he wrote to Noel. So cute!