skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Rough Morning
I woke up very late this morning, as in Adam had to be at school in 20 minutes late. YIKES! When I went out to the living room Adam had just got up, but had already dressed himself. He had brown plaid shorts, green tie dyed shirt and a red jacket...I kid you not! It was a sight. If I had time I would have snapped a picture because you would not believe this get up. I told him he needed to change, but he started complaining and begging to wear what he had on. I was trying to make him some breakfast (who am I kidding, I was just putting a pop tart in the toaster...its not like I was "making breakfast") and at the same time argue with him about his outfit. Our time was down to about 1o minutes before we had to leave. I told him "fine, I dont care. wear it" I never give in like this, but I just didn't have the time and energy to fight it. I told him to go put his shoes and socks on. He came back to say he didn't have any clean socks. I went and looked in his drawers and sure enough there are no socks. Again, I have really been slacking and I am a little behind on laundry. I told him to just wear his crocs. He argued again and said he didn't want to he just wanted to wear his regular shoes. AHHHHH....I dont have time for this!!!! I think I spurted out something like "Adam! Why does everything have to be a fight this morning, just OBEY!" He managed to find some old TUBE SOCKS and insisted he could wear these. Let me say this really added to the already interesting outfit. OK, we are finally ready to rush out the door and realize we cant find his backpack any where. We looked everywhere and we were completely out of time so I told him he had to go without it, which sent him into a meltdown. I open the door to run out to the car and it is pouring rain of course! So, we finally get to the car, both of us soaking wet because I did not have an umbrella...find the backpack in the car...start driving to school. Both of us are silent in the car and all of the sudden Adam says... "Mom, I am really sorry it was such a rough morning". I laughed so hard. Then I apologized and explained to him it wasn't his fault. It was just so funny when he said "rough morning" like a grown up.After I dropped him off, I felt terrible. I am the worst mom. My poor son felt like he had to apologize because his lazy mom slept in too late, got mad at him for trying to be helpful and dress himself, didn't do the laundry, yelled at him, gave him a crappy breakfast and left his backpack in the car. The sad part is I only have one kid to take care of, you would think I could manage that. Most of you out there with 2, 3, 4, 5 even 6 kids are probably rolling your eyes and thinking what a sissy, loser mother I am. I really do need to get it together before I add another child to this mix. :)Oh, and because I am a really mean mom, I am going to try to get a picture of Adams outfit when he comes home from school and post it later.
8 comments:
Nikki! You are NOT a loser mom. We have all had mornings like this. Blame it on the pregnancy:) Seriously, it is pouring rain here today, too, so maybe the weather just made you sleep in late, and when you get up late, it's a given that everything will go wrong! Don't beat yourself up.
I can't wait to see Adam's outfit. Good thing he's at the age where kids don't pick up on mismatched clothes. That's great that he doesn't care!
Now, go sit on the couch with a good snack and watch tv in this rainy weather, or better yet...go take a nap!
I am laughing! Nikki you are SO funny! Okay,
1.) Pop tarts are breakfast, snack...lunch...sometime dindin at our house.
2.) Just wait, more clothing "talks" are right around the corner sweet girl. EVERY time Dan Dan gets dressed for church or to go to the mall it is a big time discussion! This is why I LOVE school uniforms.
3.) I have PLEEEEENTY of those "rough morning"days.
4.) Laundry---Totally understand!
5.) And you know what, when your late next time, just relax. You're already late so just slow it way down to normal and just be late. It will be alright! Things happen sometimes--sometimes we are "spoda"
(that was just for memory sake) be late, to keep us safe.
We all have days like that! And I think Pop Tarts are a great breakfast!! :)
As Milly Vanilly (sp?) says, "Blame it on the rain!" I was laughing the whole time while reading this post. Adam is such a sweet boy! Please DO get a pic of his outfit. I really want to see what those tube socks look like. Hey, at least it's Friday!
Been there, done that! (ours is usually involving hair though!)
At least you didn't rush to school only to find out there was no school (teacher inservice day!) again, been there!
Be sure you take a picture!
I keep saying every year that WE ARE SETTING THE CLOTHES OUT THE NIGHT BEFORE!! Now, if I could follow through!
Dolly, I seriously LOLed when I read your comment. I can totally hear your voice saying that.
Never fails...when one thing goes wrong in the morning, it's like dominoes. At least you didn't get into bumper to bumper traffic on top of all that. Adam is a sweet boy and you are a good mom! Donna's right..don't be so hard on yourself and enjoy a low key rainy day!
This post is so funny to me! I don't think you are a loser mom just a normal one! You are also pregnant give yourself so slack! At least you take your kid to school I make mine ride the big scary yellow bus where he learns all kinds of interesting words. Oh, and I also don't get up and make breakfast for him...In the morning he is on his own. I hope that makes you feel better!
Dolly - laughing so hard at Milly Vanilly!
Windsor - Adam used to ride the big scary yellow bus until he also started learing some interesting things from the big kids who sit in the back. And, we only live 2 blocks from the school. So actually that makes me even more of a loser mom that I cant even get to school on time and it only takes me about 2 minutes to get there...and should probably be walking him to school anyway since it is so close and I DEFINATELY need the exercise.
Post a Comment