Monday, March 2, 2009

Its a SNOW MIRACLE!

Some of you may remember an old post when Adam referred to his bag of candy as a "candy miracle". Well, this morning when he woke up and saw 10 inches of snow on the ground he said "Its a SNOW miracle". I don't know where he came up with this saying, but he uses it alot to describe things that are really exciting.

My sister Jenny lives just around the corner from us. They have 4 wheel drive and we don't, so they came and picked us up so we could find a good hill for sledding. This is her little boy Colin trying to make a snow angel.
Now, we do not own ANY snow gear at all and were not prepared for this big snow. I thought winter was over. Poor Adam had to wear 4 layers of regular pants, none of which were waterproof in any way. He did have boots, which was more than I could say. Jenny had some snow pants and brought them over for me to borrow, but I had to resort to wearing my rain boots. They are a little crazy looking and while they are waterproof, they did not keep the cold out at all. I guess they beat the option we had growing up. My mom would always have us wear our tennis shoes and then she would tie empty bread bags and grocery bags around our shoes...never worked, but she always did it. Mark went up in the attic and found all his old cold weather Army gear. I wish I would have taken a picture. Everything he had on was 4 sizes too small. We looked like the most messed up family. Embarrassing! Here are my "snow boots"
Here is a little clip of Adam sledding. Notice his wipe out and face plant at the end.


And since Jenny does not have a blog anymore, I thought I would get a video of Colin saying a little rhyme and post if for her. The funniest part of this video is that we were all in Chad & Jenny's Pathfinder (all 6 of us...2 in car seats...with sleds) You may wonder how this worked. Well you will notice in the video that Jenny is behind Colin, which means she was sitting in the very back hatchback part of the car. I was laughing so hard when I played the video back and saw her in the background.
Colin - Hey diddle diddle, the Cat and the fiddle, the cow jumped over the moon.


9 comments:

Donna said...

Yea! I'm glad y'all got snow, too! I wish we could have gone sledding this morning. It's always fun to go with a group of people.

Love the rainboots! Those are cool! We don't have snow gear either, so we layer up. Caroline had to wear her jeans with a pair of stretch pants over them:)

Colin is adorable with his little rhyme and Jenny is funny sitting in the back! What a good sister!!

Dolly said...

Collin is adorable! I wish Jenny still had a blog.

I think we're going sledding tonight before dark. Dawn, and all Dayna's kids. I'm sure I'll be posting about it tomorrow.

Love your rain/snow boots. I bet you were sliding everywhere but at least they were stylish!

The Bentleys said...

Simply delightful! Both videos are great! "Hey, diddle diddle!" is memorable...will Jenny ever be thrilled that you got that!!!!

Momofgirls said...

I am so glad you got snow! I wish we would!! Your rainboots are so cooool!

Hey diddle diddle is precious, and Adam is fearless on the sled!

Enjoy it while it lasts...and I can't wait till Wednesday!

Unknown said...

Wow! Ya'll got a TON of snow and that is a GREAT hill. Every little boy's dream. Love the boots. Way to rock em!

Elizabeth said...

Love this! Lunchbag got SLAMMED with snow, huh? More than the Star City...soooo fun. We made a snowman and Gracie ate his carrot nose then Blue ate the poor guy's head. Nice... Colin is precious...

Jennifer said...

Okay, I just may come up there and eat that Colin up...that is the sweetest thing I've ever heard!

I'm sure your sister Jenny is a nice girl, but I prefer being the only "Jenny from the blog." Only kidding! Now, how many sisters do you have?

Now, y'alls sledding hill was steeper than ours. Of course, I wouldn't expect anything less out of Adam...he seems like a little dare devil.

Glad y'all had fun!

Happy Four said...

What a great post Nikki. First off, I heart your boots! Secondly, I miss your sisters blog. Will she ever return to the world of blogging? Lastly, I laughed out loud reading about your mom putting bags over your feet growing up. It is SO something my mom would do too. Aren't moms awesome?

Thinking of you a great deal and the big Wednesday...will be back to check on you then and baby :)

Rose said...

CUUUUTE rain boots. Hey they worked. We are the same way with the snow gear. We use layers and socks for mittens. pitiful.