Friday, August 8, 2008

A Candy Miracle

So, Mark & I are not big candy people. Dont get me wrong, I am definately not a health nut and enjoy several Cokes a day along with all my favorite junk foods. But candy is just not my thing. My sister Jenny laughs at us every year because about 3 months after Halloween we will still have all the candy in a bowl on top of the fridge, untouched. Well I did not realize how this had affected Adam until yesterday. Julie Day sent me a package of goodies and inside was a little bag of assorted candy for Adam. I pulled it out and gave it to him only to then watch as he jumped up and down and ran around screaming "Its a Candy Miracle...Its a Candy Miracle". It was pitiful how excited he was ove a little bag of candy. Had I deprived him of candy so much that he thinks its a miracle when he gets it? He treasured the bag of candy for the rest of the day everytime it would catch his eye he would say it all over again. "Its a Candy Miracle". Thank you Julie for this little miracle. You made his day.

Adam with the last 2 pieces of his "Candy Miracle"

5 comments:

jday said...

I love it! Was he on a major sugar high?? Who knew that candy would make his day so great?!

Have you started on your list of blogging to-do's that I gave you???

Donna said...

Adam looks JUST like you in that picture, Nikki! He's cute:)

That's so funny about the candy thing. I'm not a big candy person, either. We have a big bucket of candy in our pantry and it's not the least bit tempting to me. Now cookies and other baked goods...that's a different story.

Dolly said...

Adam looks SO EXCITED with his candy. He's so cute Nikki. Funny post!

Jenny Mather said...

Poor Adam........

Dolly said...

Nikki we tried calling you to see if you wanted to get together for lunch but you're out of the COUNTRY!!! You are one traveling girl. When do you get back?