Thursday, February 12, 2009

The moment we have all been waiting for...

It finally happened. Adam lost his first tooth! We were beginning to wonder if it would ever happen and most of his friends had already lost a few. So needless to say Adam was very anxious for this day. There was alot of drama with the actual pulling of the tooth, but I wont embarrass Adam by sharing those details.
So, what is the rate for the Tooth Fairy these days? When we were little it was always a quarter. However, my sisters little boy informed Adam that the Tooth Fairy left him $20 one time! Thanks alot Bentley for sharing that info. Adam will now be real disappointed with the 50 cents he gets. (by the way, my sister explained later that it was a one time $20 from the Tooth Fairy because the Tooth Fairy was not prepared with the appropriate amount of change)


Photobucket

8 comments:

Donna said...

Aw, man! By the title of your post, I thought you had found out the sex of your baby!!! Losing teeth is just as exciting:)

Congrats, Adam. I don't know what the going rate is per tooth...$2?

Happy Four said...

I thought the going rate was $1, but we haven't lost any as of yet in my household so don't know for sure.

Check out this site Nikki for a cute link to a free letter you can print and check off certain items, however, you could add one that in lieu of money the tooth fairy will make a donation to WorldHelp!

Here is the link:
http://www.toothfairydoll.com/

Congrats to Adam!

jday said...

Finally!! Yay, Adam!

I always put a bunch of dimes and nickels in with a couple of quarters and Peyton always felt like she was getting a bunch of money when it was only $2 or $3. Now that she knows how to count money, I don't think that little trick will fly the next time she loses a tooth!!

I remember when Peyton was in kindergarten, she came home and told me about how this one little girl got $7, a Barbie, a play cell phone and some candy from the tooth fairy. She has asked me several times over the past 2 years why the tooth fairy brings some kids really great things and other kids only get a little bit. I told her that the tooth fairy doesn't really leave all of that- the parents leave some things, too.

Denise said...

Congrats to Adam! Dan Dan's teeth took FOREVER to come out too! The dentist told me that means he has really well rooted strong teeth. Maybe Adam does to. It's supposed to be a good thing?????

Julie--funny story!

Unknown said...

That was a big, fat SYKE, Nikki!!!! I passed all other new posts and came straight to yours. Aw, man. HURRAY for Adam, though. That's a BIG deal!

Nikki said...

Sorry to disappoint everyone. I didnt even think about everyone thinking it was about the baby. I really wasnt trying to be tricky.

Adam got $1 from the Tooth Fairy, which is 50 cents more than what was planned. The fairy must have been feeling generous! :) He was thrilled with what he got.

momma said...

we give the $1 gold coins.

a little boy from my class 3 years ago got a $100 bill!!! (the tooth fairy felt guilty because she dropped his tooth down the heat vent)

Anonymous said...

I wish I knew that it was a $20 one time fee! The first tooth they got I think $2 now it's like .50! We don't have a rich tooth fairy in Ohio!!!!!! How about I was so exhausted one night that I completely forgot to do the money! i just told him that she was really busy and her purse got full and she would be here that night! He didn't care!