Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Valentine Treats

Thought I would share these Valentine treats in case any of you are looking for last minute gift ideas. I made both of these the other day and they were SIMPLE. You can do it!

First up are some Chocolate Candy Covered Marshmallow Pops!!!! YUMMY! Got the idea from here. I like the cookie ones she shows too. I think I will try those next.

Just put a Marshmallow on a lollipop stick and dip into melted candy melt. Sprinkle and decorate however you want.
Let cool and then wrap each one in a small treat bag (you can find the bags at Michaels and I used the 4.75 x 3 inch size. Tie with a cute ribbon.
I put them in a flower pot and used some Styrofoam to hold them in place. But they would be just as cute tied in a little bouquet.
This is a little larger pot in a different style.

All my pots are ready for my favorite Valentines.


Next up is my all time favorite project Edible Crayons! I just love this project and cant get enough of it! I decided to make the Valentine style for Adam to give out for V-Day. I am sure he will be too embarrassed as usual and I will be stuck with a bunch of these.
I just followed the normal instructions and then wrapped them up in small bags. I tied a note so that people would know they are edible and I also included a link to the original instructions so the kids can make their own at home.
Enjoy!


Photobucket

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

ok...you are officially Mom of the Year! Those are awesome! Can I place an order and have you overnight them via FedEx? You Rock!

Donna said...

That's so weird! I made those marshamallow pops for Caroline's class just this moring! Only, I doubled mine up and did two on each stick and covered them with chocolate and V-Day sprinkles. I used strawberry flavored marshmallows, too, so they're pink.

I love the V-Day crayons! You're alwasy so creative:)

Nikki said...

Great minds think alike Donna. :) That is wierd that you just made them. Good idea to double them up and to use pink marshmallows. Wish i would have thought of that! There is always a next time.

Jennifer said...

NIKKI...those are great ideas! I'm thinking I may do one of them for Max's friends at school. Now, what are those things you stick the marshamallows in while letting them dry? I'm so clueless to anything creative so I need specific directions. :)

Didn't you love making all these knowing you could throw all those dirty dishes in the dishwasher!!!

Nikki said...

Jennifer, you can buy lollipop stick a Michaels in aisle where all the cake decorating stuff is. They come in all different lengths. you can get the candy melt there too. Let me know how it goes.

Elizabeth said...

Ding dang...you are too much. They look quite tasty....mmm. Have you had some? I love it!

momma said...

these are so cute!!!! as a teacher, the marshmallows would be a great gifts and the crayons are adorable :)

(i'm a friend of leah's)

Jennifer said...

Nikki I'm laughing!! I actually do know what lollipop sticks are (you were probably thinking this girl's an idiot)...but the sticks are stuck into something that lets them stand up while drying. Is it styrofoam?

Nikki said...

HA! Jennifer, sorry to insult your intelligence. Embarassin.

Yes, I just had a block of styrafoam that I stuck them in. But on the blog I stole the idea from, she said she stuck hers in play dough. I just didnt have any because it is NOT ALLOWED in our home.:) Its good for school, but not for home.

Happy Four said...

You are AMAZING. What a great gift idea, so attractive too and I am sure they are yummy.

Tiffany said...

I am cracking up over the whole lollipop stick / styrofoam mixup! That is hilarious. I love all these ideas. I have a great idea...how about you make some with Suresh and Deepesh next week!! Suresh actually loves pink! See you soon!

Kristi Smalley said...

What a great idea, Nikki. I was trying to think of something different to give teachers. You could also make homemade truffles and put them on the sticks and put in pots. THanks for the clever ideas. Keep 'em coming.

Denise said...

One day I am going to have SO much time on my hands and I am going to make all these cool things you and Donna and Julie make. For now I just have to say, "You a good girl Hogsed, you a goooood girl."

Momofgirls said...

I have been wanting to try these! I totally forgot about them! Guess I will make them for Easter! I wish I lived in Lynchburg, we could bake and craft together!

I think Shae has decided on Liberty, so yippee...she will have all my blog peeps to look out for her!

Elizabeth said...

OK, as a follow up to this post...these pops are GOO-OOD. I'm eating one AS WE SPEAK! Thank you dear cuz.