Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Adams Birthday ...Continued

We have been having a hard time coordinating our family schedule to officially celebrate Adam's birthday. So, we will be celebrating in stages. which is the best way to do it because it lasts for days.
First, it was off to Adams school for cupcakes with the class. Adam was so excited about this and has reminded me about it daily for the past week. I am not crazy about going to Adams school for things like this. What happens is, he gets all excited in the days leading up to it and then I get to his class and he acts like he has no idea who I am or why I am there. I tried to go over and talk to him and he just starred straight ahead, not even making eye contact. Embarrassing and awkward. It also just so happened to be "Dress Like a Star" day. I am not sure if you remember Adam's awesome Halloween Costume from this post. He loved this costume and was so proud of it. Well, I had the bright idea to sell the leather...um "pleather" jacket on ebay a few weeks ago because I just didn't see when we would ever use it again. (my family is laughing as they read this because they make fun of me for selling everything) Adam came home from school last week all excited because dress like a star day was going to be on his birthday and he wanted to wear his Indian Jones costume. UGH OH! I had to break the news to him that I had sold the jacket on ebay and needless to say he was not happy! All I hear every day is "Mommy, why did you sell my favorite Indiana Jones jacket". How was I supposed to know he would need a costume in February! I felt so bad. Good thing Wal Mart had a brown sweatshirt, but Adam made it clear to me several time that it just wasnt the same.

Here is Adam celebrating his birthday with his classmates in his Indian Jones costume. He had already taken off all the accessories, so it didnt look much like a costume. Check out the little girl next to him. She was Sharpe from HSM. I was laughing so hard. By the way...after all Adams complaining about the costume and jacket, he still won first place. The look on Adams face sums it all up. You can tell he just wants me to leave.

On Friday night the entire Brewer family will be meeting at LaCareta (yummy!) to celebrate with Adam. If you live in Lynchburg you are laughing at the LaCareta part Im sure. If you dont live here, just picture and old dirty Mexican restaurant. But we love it.

Then comes the best part. Adams birthday gift is that we are going here over the weekend. If you have not experience Great Wolf Lodge, you dont know what you are missing. This place is incredible and a kids wonderland. They have them in several locations across the US, but the Williamsburg one is closest to us. I think I might be just as excited about this as Adam. My sister, Noel and her family are going with us. Adam & Bentley are best friends so this is like icing on the cake for him. He is so excited and has had his suitcase packed for days.
Here are some pics of the Lodge, but you can be expecting a good post when we get back.

This is just part of the indoor water park...it is actually inside the hotel.

At night, all the kids come to the lobby in their PJ's for this cute little show.

These are the hotel rooms. One side is a regular room for the parents and the other side is this cute little cabin for the kids. With its own TV and video games!!!!

This is a water slide! It is actually indoors and it is crazy. I will not be participating in this ride since I am preggie, but I did last time and thought I was going to die.

If you haven't been here with your children, I highly recommend it!


Photobucket

5 comments:

Noel said...

I am so excited ... 2 days at a water park in the middle of winter with my pasty body - can't think of anything better! No really, we are all excited. I don't think I will be doing the big water slide either. Last time, I actually got sick on it. I closed my eyes and screamed the whole time.

Dolly said...

Nikki, I've never heard of that place you're taking Adam. Looks like a fun place to go....especially in the winter. We'll have to check it out sometime. I see there is one in Concord, NC. I'll have to make sure Donna sees this so she can take her kiddos.

Glad you took Adam some cupcakes too. I bet he was so happy to see his pretty mommy come into his classroom with all his friends. You're a good mommy.

Donna said...

LOL at the way Adam acted when you came into his class! I can just see it happening;) La Carreta sounds good! I love their chips and salsa. Yum!
And that place you're going to this weekend looks so cool! I've never heard about it. If there is one in Concord, that's just 45 min from us and I've never heard of that either. Hmmmm. I'll have to look into this. Have fun!

Donna said...

Never mind. I just saw that it's opening in Concord in Spring 2009! Great Wolf Lodge, here we come!!

Momofgirls said...

That place looks like a blast! I have never heard of them, I hope there is one near us...my little girls would love it..well, Shae would too if it were near a mall!!

How fun to go with cousins! My ids LOVED our trip to Cabo...a WHOLE week with their cousins!

Have a wonderful time!!

and about the school {dis}....hmmm, I will tell you that it is only that way for a few "awkward" years, Shae would have me come to school every day if she could! Last year she would ask me to stop by at lunch and I would end up with a car full of kids eating in MY CAR!! and I made the mistake of showing up with warm chocolate chip cookies!!