Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Yes, I am in Uganda!

HELLO FROM UGANDA! That right, Uganda! You may be saying to yourself...wasnt she just in India? Well, I got back from India and 4 days later had to leave for Uganda. This was not a regularly planned trip and was sort of an emergency last minute thing. So please do not think I am the worst mom in the world. Dont judge me, I already feel guilty enough for having to leave Adam again so soon! Trust me, this is not how I normally travel and I would not have done it if it was not absoulutly necessary. Luckily, my wonderful husband is there to save the day and take care of Adam. He is a teacher and has most of the summer off, in case you are wondering how that works out. I am bringing back 15 ADORABLE children from Uganda for the Children of the World choir and we fly out tomorrow. Luckily I do not have to do all this by myself this time, I have Rachel Hampton with me and I am so thankful for her help!

The children and Rachel celebrating after leaving the Embassy with the US Visas!
Hilda, My sponsored child. Tell me she is not the cutest thing you have ever seen!

Juliet & Josphine were in the choir 6 years ago and all grown up now.

The Gulu Boys after a short but very sweet and touching time of encouragement and prayer!

OK, ignore me in this picture (I look like a man!). It had been a long day and I was hot and dirty. But could not resist taking this picture of the Ugandan man in a Chineese costume. We went to a Chineese restaraunt in Uganda, which does seem a little odd in itself. But it was so funny that all the waiters had these outfits on. I had Rachel take my picture with him and he was so happy. If he only knew I was using for my blog. Poor guy! Is this as funny as I think it is, or am I just really tired?

6 comments:

jday said...

It's not just you... it is funny! He looks so proud!! And I don't think you look like a man, however, I do think you look like you are ready to burst out in laughter! Glad everything is going well.

Denise said...

A man! Funny! Hey I called World Help on Monday to see if you could do lunch on Wednesday at Lil Cucci's. Too bad you are out of town. Anwyway, we still went and who do you think we bumped into?? David Day!

jday said...

Dave LOVES Lil Cucci's!!! He thinks you Reber girls are funny!

Dolly said...

It was good to see my old boss at Lil' Cucci's. He's looking younger and younger Julie. What are you doing to him?

Nikki, I can't believe you're in UGANDA! For some reason I remember those girls from the choir 6 years ago. I think I remember Stephanie Leight telling me about them. I can't believe how big they are now. THey probably LOVED seeing you there. Be safe and good blogging!

Donna said...

You are a world traveler, Nikki! That last picture of you and that man had me laughing! Your description was funny.

Yes, Julie, we saw Davey and when we did, we all shouted his name. I think the entire restaurant looked our way. If anything, we made him feel pretty popular.

Denise said...

NEW POST!