Monday, August 25, 2008

First Day In The First Grade

It is Adams first day in the first grade. He was so excited and I was so relieved that the first day of first grade is much less emotional than the first day of Kindergarten. for both parties.

The proud first grader...I almost cried when I posted this picture because he looks so big. Where has the time gone!? Nothing says Happy first day of school like a black Darth Vadar shirt. Some things are just not worth the fight.
Things I swore I would never do! A tacky, plastic, Indian Jones backpack. You just have to give in sometimes. He is well past the cute personalized backpack stage.

All smiles this year...last years picture would have been all tears.

Neha, Shova, Adam & Prava. I will introduce these girls in another post.

6 comments:

Denise said...

He is a cutie! ALL BOY!

I know what you mean about the DV shirt. Harry Jack, at 3 years old, sent me around town for an Indiana Jones shirt and hat to go with his whip. Dan Dan is all about skate boarding. He must have 10 skateboard t shirts.

Sweet girls. Shova and Prava look like sisters. Neat names too!

Donna said...

That was a sweet post, Nikki. I can't believe he is in the 1st grade! Did you take him to his classroom?
By the way, you look really skinny in that picture:)

jday said...

That is a great picture of the two of you!! And Adam does look so big!! Isn't is such a great feeling for him to be excited about going to school??!

LOVE the DV t-shirt and the backpack!!

Dolly said...

I'm LOL at the first day of school DV shirt! That's funny! He's a handsome boy and will be a heartbreaker with the girls for sure in a few years.
That was a sweet picture of you and him too.

Prava? That's like one of those fake Prada bags in NYC with one letter off.

Denise said...

Hey Nikki, I just got the PBKids mag yesterday and thought of Adam. Star Wars bedding is on the cover of the mag. I chuckled a bit thinking of this post and the DV shirt.

the mccollums... said...

Nikki...I can't believe that I found a blog of yours! I love all the pictures and reading up on your life. Is Adam really in 1st grade...wow, he is so cute and so big. I can't believe that it really has been so long. Hope this finds you well...Daniel (my hubby) and I will be up in the Burg in October maybe we can meet up with you guys?