Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Why I didnt make it to the Olympics

I hope you enjoy this video. I must give credit to my cousin Elizabeth, who sent this to me.

9 comments:

Denise said...

This is funny. A friend sent it to us too. All I can say is OUCH to the girl on the balance beam!

Donna said...

Oh my word! Those are hilarious. They kept getting better and better! My favorite was the one of all the people jumping over that vault and then they all fell together!!

Denise said...

Yes Donna! That one reminded me of the old "Power Station" days at TRBC. Is that what it was called???? Anyway, remember when they had all sorts of teams.

Remember when the gymnastic team would do a "show" in church or chapel at LCA and they would all line up and jump over that man made gymnastic horse? And they would play the theme to Rocky as they jumped over and did flips. I can just see it and hear it now. Of course I never made the team. Come to think of it, I was too embar to be a part of the youth group. This is when I started to work in 2yr olds at TRBC.

Jenny Mather said...

Denise, how could you forget "Young Believers". Of which Noel was the queen. I think she did gymnastics and sang. I think Nikki did it too...?? I thought the same thing as soon as I saw it. I could even picture the outfits. I also was too embarassed to try out for the gynastics team. Way too physical for me.

Dolly said...

My favorite was the cycling! I would have been the one to push the other guy on the bike and then fall from pushing him.

I thought of good old Young Believers (but changed to Living Proof after a while). Embarrassing! I was on the gymnastics team and I don't know how. I could barely get over the vault but the music always pumped me up enough to make it happen.

Nikki said...

I am laughing so hard I am almost crying. I cant belive you girls remeber Young Believers...and that Denise called it Power Station. Dolly getting pumped up by the music...too funny! So true, those are such awkward years for memories. I was on the gymnasics team, but not by choice. My parents made me join because Noel did. since I couldnt sing or act, I had to resort to gymnastics. I thought I was good at it but I am sure I was horrible. I am so embarassed, I dont even want to think about it.

Donna said...

haha! I was on Living Proof's Drama Team. I was not athletic, did not sing, so I reverted to drama. Remember the skit, "The Champion"? It was done to Carmen's song. I LOVED doing that! I can hear the beginning of it now:) I also loved the swishy warmup suit/uniforms we had to wear. They were so cheaply made that they stunk after a few hours of wearing them.

Denise said...

I am laughing too. I can just see you girls doing your flips and Donna--acting! Funny!

Dolly said...

I can still hear, "Jesus is still alright with me, Jesus is still alright yeah" blaring and all the guys flipping over that vault.