I am off to India for a quick trip to pick up some children who will be in the new Children of the World choir. Mark & Adam usually go with me on this trip every year, but they couldn’t make it for this one…so I am all alone and already missing them! I am so lucky to have a wonderful, supportive …and did I mention gorgeous husband who does not mind me travelling and also picking up the slack for me while I am gone.
Since I am at the airport and thinking about all the frustrating and negative things about travelling, I thought I would force myself into positive thinking by listing things that I love about airports and travelling.
1. I LOVE airport food. Not to be confused with airplane food (which I hate …I will starve myself on a 16 hour flight before I will eat airplane food. I got deathly sick years ago on airplane food and have not been able to try it ever since. The smell of it makes me gag, which is odd because I am not a picky eater at all!) Anyway, back to airport food. I love the selection of all the mini restaurants you find in airports.
2. I LOVE to people watch and to try to figure out where they are going and why they are going there. When Mark & I travel together we like to make up stories about certain people we are watching and try to come up with full blow account of where they are going…Is that weird?
3. I LOVE to analyze the clothing people wear when travelling. I mean I just don’t understand it. Don’t you want to be comfortable when you are travelling? I can’t figure out these people that travel all dressed up or in mini skirts and tube tops! As I type this I am trying to figure out a way to take pics of these people and show you what I mean. I am sure they are looking right back at me and thinking “what a slob, how can she travel looking like that”
4. Last, but certainly not least! I LOVE to buy all the Hollywood Gossip Magazines and read them cover to cover while I am in the airport and on the plane. Mark calls these my “porn magazines” because he thinks they are trashy. It is such a guilty pleasure, but I just can’t help it.
Check out my sisters new blog - Noel. I have only had my blog for a few days and already inspired someone else to start one...or maybe it is just sibbling rivalry.




9 comments:
I LOVE IT!!! Now you just need to find a life-sized cut out of Sean Hannity and give it a big kiss for me!!
Nikki, GREAT post! I'm serious...you are a blog natural. You'll keep your fan base for sure. I hate airports and traveling but love everything about traveling that you mentioned. The pic of you is HILARIOUS! Did you get some random person to take it? I'm off to check out Noel's blog. I'm proud of her for venturing out on this one. Leland's here and when I told him that Noel and you both have a blog, his response was, "whoah! Blogging has moved into the '03's." hahahah!
Have fun in India and can't wait to see pics when you get back.
Nikki. You are a Natural! I agreed with all of your loves of the airport. I feel the same way. Have a safe trip in India and be careful. I am looking forward to a killer blog post when you return. NOw I'll have to take a little trip over to Noel's blog. I"m laughign at your shout out!
I am laughing at Leland's comment. Nikki, aren't you an 03'er too.
First of all, I don't envy you on that long trip to India! Yuck.
Second, looking back over life, I never thought you would be the one traveling the world. I thought you would be at home with at least 3 children.
Your post is funny. And, you ARE becoming a great blogger! Way to be a good example to Noel! She is following along quite nicely--something we cannot get Dayna to do.
Julie, you and my mom and your political talk/radio peeps. Do you like Clark Howard too?
I've listened to Clark a few times, but my favorites are Laura Ingraham, Glenn Beck, Rush, and of course, Sean Hannity!
Julie--your fav's!! All good peeps, but I am laughing.
Denise - Yes I am technically in 03, but we are in the slum area of 03. Dolly - if you only knew the story behind me getting that picture in the airport. That could be a whole post on its own. My husband took it for me and we caused such a scene getting it. The thing is that the 2 posters were on 2 different sides of the store and I had to move them for the picture. As you can imigine, the sales people were not happy. We also caused a traffic jam for people trying to get into the store. Then, as soon as Mark was ready to snap the picture a lady walked right in front of the camera. I got embarassed and frustrated and said just forget it. We put everything back in its place and walked away. But there is nothing I wont do for my blog! So I asked Mark if we could go back and try it again. My wonderful husband walked back to the shop and we did the whole process all over again and the end result is the lovely picture you see!
way to be positive! i like all of those things too. this is a good post for me to read since I am leaving in one week on a long trip.
i can never get over why girls would wear stiletto heels or tall boots on a long flight?
Nikki, that's hilarious! I bet the liberal people in the airport were annoyed with you. HAHAH! I"m SO glad you have the right blogging attitude. "...nothing I won't do for my blog.." That makes my heart smile. Now if we can only get you to comment....
Post a Comment