Sunday, July 27, 2008

Smith Mountain Lake

We had a fun filled day at Smith Mountain Lake today...
courtesy of the Yeatts family (my sister Noel, her husband Pat and their 2 children Riley & Bentley) and their new boat. I am embarassed to say this was Adam's first trip to the lake, such a shame considering how close we live. Adam LOVED everything about this day. Fishing, Swiming, Tubing and especially going fast in the boat. Thanks Pat & Noel!
Bentley, Riley & Adam
I think Mark & I had more fun than the kids. Luckily my body is hidden by the float, otherwise I would never post a picture of me in a swimsuit. :)

Bentley & Adam getting ready for the ride.

23 comments:

Dolly said...

YIPPEEE!!!! I'm the first to comment. I'm so glad you finally started a blog and I LOVE your title. Very creative and gave me a good laugh. You're a blog natural and I know "Hogwash" will be a hit! Especially with me, Denise and Donna.

Hope ya'll had a good time at the beach. I love your family picture.

Donna said...

WOOOOOOOOHOOOOOO!!!! Nikki Brewer Hogsed, it's about time you started a blog. I laughed at your blog title, too. That's hilarious. Yes, expect to get lots of comments from the Reber sisters. We LOVE to comment.

I'm going to add you to my friend list. HOpe you don't mind. Expect some lurkers.

Nikki said...

Thank you girls for commenting on my first blog. I feel so special. I dont know what the heck I am doing and I certainly dont know how to get all those bells and whistles on my blog like you girls have. HELP ME! Donna, sorry for copying your template, there wasnt much to choose from. By the way Dolly - I cant get on your blog. Did you uninvite me? :)

Denise said...

WooooHooo Nikki!!!! Welcome! You are so funny and your blog is coming along quite well already!

I CANNOT believe that today was Adam's first day at the lake. Funny!

LOVE your title.

And I ditto both Donna and Dolly's comments about your blog getting lots of attention from Reber girls. I check the blogs at least once a day sometimes twice.

Keep up the good work!

Denise said...

BTW, Adam is a CUTIE!

Donna said...

Denise, once a day, sometimes twice?! COme on. MOre like 5-6 times.

Nikki, don't worry. I don't own that template, contrary to public belief. It is a cool template. Add a map to your blog. Click on the bottom of mine and it will tell you how to do it. Add a blog counter, too.

Nikki said...

Donna - its like your speaking a different language and you are acting like adding all these things is easy. I worked all night to get my simple little blog up and now you think I can add a map & blog counter? What the heck is a blog counter? You are way too experienced and I am way too new...slow down! You need to start a class to teach blogging for dummies.

jday said...

Man, I'm gone for a couple of hours and then I get home and BAM! Nikki's got a blog!!

I am so proud of you!!! But, you totally kicked my butt with the blog design! I thought you said that you didn't know what you were doing!! I think I need to call YOU for help, not the other way around!

Great picture on the top of the blog. Was that from the recent MB trip?

Dolly said...

Hogwash, I didn't uninvite you to my blog. I think that if you don't view it within a certain amount of time, it will take you off the invited list. With that said, I'll reinvite you and hope that you check it out more often. :)
By the way, you've already added the map? You're well on your way! It took me about a year to figure this stuff out.

Denise said...

You girls are so funny. I am sitting here laughing and Harry Jack is asking me, "what so funny mommy?"

Denise said...

I just gave you a shout out on my blog. Its funny!

Jennifer said...

Hi Nikki...welcome to blog world!!! I'm one of the Reber girls blog friends (I'm starting to even forget how I met them) and let me ditto about those girls being dedicated to blogs. That Donna should be nominated for a Blog Award...she updates her blog almost DAILY, has two children, mops on Saturday nights, hits 3 grocery stores in 1 day to save her husband money...the list goes on and on. And then, we have Denise who almost has 5 children...don't even get me started on her!! :)Anyway, don't get low blog self esteem if you fail to meet the standards of other bloggers...you'll do just fine and people will still love you!! :)

By the way, I LOVE the dress you made for Margaux...ADORABLE!!!

Donna said...

Oh, Jenn, don't...stop...don't,stop, DON"T STOP. Just kidding. I'm posting Daily b/c I'm bored out of my mind. That's why I"m mopping the floor on Sat. night, too.

Nikki, I just gave you a shout out, too!

Denise said...

Jennifer, I am laughing so hard my belly is shaking!

Nikki-We Reber girls have NEVER met Jennifer before in our life. She is a blog friend and she fits right in will all of us. She is funny and I think we all feel like we have known her forever. Julie, thought she was my BFF and was shocked to know we've never met. (my belly is still shaking with laughter.) We met Jennifer via Kristi--another blog friend, who happened to go to school with Danny at LU. Jennifer and Kristi went to High School together.

Dolly said...

And I'll add that even though we've never met Jennifer, I feel like she's a sister. She even sent me all her maternity clothes from when she was pregnant for me to borrow. Is that a true blog friend/sister or what? She's just your typically Jenny from the block! Maybe one day we'll meet her.

Jennifer said...

WHAT??? I'm not your BFF, Denise? I've just begun telling everyone that we are soulmates.

No, seriously, it is strange that we've never met but I know so much about you guys (just you wait, Nikki...I'll know your life history before long). I still LOL when I think about Donna's comment from a long time ago that if we ever met in real life that we would probably just sit and stare at each other in awkward silence. Cracks me up to think about that!!

Anyway, sorry to fill your comment section with random thoughts...but isn't that what blogging is all about??? :)

Nikki said...

wow...how exciting. so many coments on my first blog. Then I realized the comments were all about everyones new BFF, Jennifer. HA! Just kidding. I am just thrilled that anyone even took the time to read my blog. I am laughing so hard about no one actually ever meeting Jennifer in person...that is TOO funny. Can I check out Jennifers Blog? Is that considered luking? Seriously someone send me a blogging etiquette book. Ladies - thanks for the shout out for me on your blogs! You are so sweet! I dont know how you girls have time for this. I am doing fine commenting on my own blog, but now I need to take the next step to comment on other peoples blogs. Watch out...here I come!

Donna said...

Yes, Nikki. You need to leave comments. DOn't be frightened.
It is so funny that we've never met Jennifer and Dolly and I have never met Kristi. But I think we all share the same kind of weird humor?! I think the next time my sisters come for a visit, we should all meet up in Gaffney for some reuniting. I can see us getting out of our cars and running to each other in slow motion. Then the awkwardness would begin. Wow, Nikki. 18 comments for a beginner. Pretty good!!

Happy Four said...

Hey there...coming to you via Donna's blog. It's Caroline Grossman (maiden name Bell). Do your sisters have blogs? How are you? Do you work for WorldHelp?

Please email me at thegrossmans@carolina.rr.com and visit my blog at: http://happyfour.blogspot.com

Denise said...

Nikki, you may not remember Caroline Bell (who commented above). I am sure Noel does. She went to LCA and was a year or two about Dayna. Her father was the soccer coach at LU for awhile. I am sure your parents know her parents.

And, yes, lurk girl. It is fun.

Teecy said...

woohoo! another blog friend!
this comment page cracks me up...so typical! nikki, you will not see me on here as much in a few weeks when i start back in the yucky work force, but until then i'm just footloose and fancy free and check blogs multiple times a day!
i love the blog title! you're off to a good start!

Kristi Smalley said...

Hi Nikki! I am lurking on your page because Denise told me to and you know how pregnant people can be when they tell you to do something! Ha! Welcome to the blog world and don't worry....I often get Blog Inferority when I compare myself to the Station. Very few measure up even though I strive and strive. Just be true to who you are and know who you are in Christ. All will be well. LOL!

I am laughing at all the above comments. Those Reber girls are sumtin' else! We should do Blog Awards kind of like the Relly awards. That would be funny.

OK, are you Vernon Brewer's daughter? You started at LU my senior year. I was buds and lived with all the girls off LIGHT. Rebecca Owen was my roomie and through them, I knew your dad. I remember you hung around Christy Hindson and another petite, dark-haired girl that I can picture in my mind but cannot remember her name. She went to NY City with Youthquest when we all went. Anyway, I was talking about your dad just this week telling the story of when he had cancer and wasn't doing well. They called the whole campus to go on a round the clock prayer vigil and God restored him.

OK, I sure hope you are one of the Brewers or else you are probably thinking, "Who is this crazy woman and who is this Vernon guy that she keeps talking about".

Kristi Smalley said...

OK, I feel silly. I just read your post about your sister Noel. If she is the older one, then the above comment applies to her. Sorry but welcome anyway and I look forward to getting to "know you".