Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Jewelry Organizer

IMG_4867

One of our projects from Fun Day Monday was making this jewelry organizer.  When I bought this ugly dresser (that has since been transformed) a few months ago at a yard sale…image

It came with these two frames (they had mirrors in them).  It was strange that it came with TWO of them since most dressers have ONE??? I bet that was one strange looking dresser.IMG_4795

We painted ours with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint (Duck Egg)  It is a really pretty color.  The frames were actually made of really light and hollow plastic and the paint went on so smoothly and stuck right to it. AMAZING STUFF!

IMG_4798

We gave them a light sanding to make them look more distressed and then waxed with the Annie Sloan clear wax.  Oh how I LOVE that wax.  It gives such a nice, smooth and professional finish.IMG_4804

It looks like real wood, right?  You would never know it is cheapie plastic.IMG_4806

We attached chicken wire to the  back…IMG_4802

I hung it on the wall, which was really easy since it is so light…and organized my earrings.IMG_4866IMG_4868

But then I thought it would also a nice place to put some of my pictures…and now I can decide which I like better.L1020386

Awww…my favorite picture EVER.L1020387

2 comments:

Denise said...

Cute idea. CUTEpicture!

hellodarla@aol.com said...

I love this Nikki! What a great idea and it turned out so nice. It would even make a gorgeous mirror. You girls are good. I love that you and Jenny get together on Monday's to do this stuff too. Great pictures of you girls.