Tuesday, August 23, 2011

First Day In The Fourth Grade

I am a little late in posting…but YESTERDAY was Adam’s first day of school.  P1080725

I was more sad and nervous yesterday than I was for the first day of kindergarten.  Adam was starting a new school where he does not know any other kids and I was so nervous for him.  I was praying all day for him and that he would have a good experience.P1080726

I was so relieved when he came out of the school with a smile on his face and said he had a great day…and made 3 new friends!!!  He also told me that he was the smallest in his class (at registration I noticed that most of the boys were double his size!!!  Seriously double…they looked like they should be in 9th grade and that made me so nervous because Adam is still such a little boy.  WHAT are these parents feeding their children???  I think a lot of kids hit a major growth spurt over the summer) Anyway, Adam said “There is only one person smaller than me in the 4th grade and she is a girl.  I guess she is my only competition”.  I laughed so hard.

3 comments:

Dolly said...

Ah, my heart really went out to Adam for him telling you he was the smallest in his class. I bet he's the best looking though! He's so sweet Nikki. I'm glad he had a good first day of school. I would be a nervous wreck for my kid too at a new school. I'm so glad I still have mine at home...for the time being.

Denise said...

Nikki, he is so cute! Bless his heart about being small. He will shoot up I promise. Dandan was/is the same way, and this summer I really noticed him getting taller.

Also, BTDT with the new school thing--several times! If my parents had put me in as many schools as Maddie has been in, I think I would have been a complete loser, not being able to find my way in life. :)

And, YOU are looking more like you mom! Sweet!

Momofgirls said...

Handsome boy! I am glad he ended up having a great day and likes his new school! Just wait until that growth spurt happens...Lindsay has pretty much passed me up this year! :(

AND...I am Dying for you to post a "House Tour" since you moved!!!