My grandmother “Ganny” (not to be confused with my other grandmother “Grammy” inventor of the Summer Cake) was famous for her Red Velvet Cake. She would make it every Christmas and we would all be so excited when we saw it on the dessert table. She would always say that she needed a quiet house and complete concentration to make this cake…and I now understand why. I made it for Colton’s birthday party. It was so yummy and brought back so many good memories.
Her original recipe was handwritten and passed down to my sister. It has take several years and several people to figure out all the steps and ingredients involved because her writing was hard to read and the recipe card was so torn and stained. But I think we finally got it sorted out. It is very important that you follow each step and not just throw all the ingredients together. You should be able to double click on the recipes below and print them.
And don’t forget to try THIS technique for “ruffle frosting”.
And here is a funny picture for my family members who read this blog…to make you smile! This is Ganny attending a luau at her nursing home a few years ago. My mom bought her a bikini koozie for her can of Shasta! HA! She has not been doing well in the past weeks and she has been on my mind constantly. We love you Ganny!




1 comment:
Okay, I think I have this. I think Noel gave it to me years ago. I did try to make it once and it didn't quite turn out. I will have to try it again now that you have given me the detail.
I can totally see your mom face in your Ganny's face. And, LOVE the Koozie!
Post a Comment