Thursday, July 21, 2011

Colton Turns 2!

I say this every time my kids have a  birthday, but here it goes again…How did this happen?  Where has the time gone!?  I seriously cannot believe my baby just turned 2.  It seems like just yesterday he looked like this…

IMG_5295

We started the morning with a pancake breakfast.P1080398

Then Colton opened some family gifts and cards.P1080428P1080430

I slaved all day making Colton’s favorite dinner.  Ok, so I actually just drove up the street and got a Sheets Pizza.  It really is his favorite and he was so happy.P1080433

Party decorations…I don’t have a fireplace or mantle (BOO!) so I use my poor little hutch for all my decorating.P1080400

I was excited to use my Birthday Wreath for the first time.

P1080401

Easy Pennant Banner.  Told you I was addicted and use them for everything.

P1080402

Red Velvet Birthday Cake (for the adults) YUMMY!P1080416P1080415P1080411

And a little, tacky, store bought cake to make the birthday boy happy!P1080420

P1080438

Face plant right in the cake…P1080440

The extended family came by for some cake and brought some fun presents.  This boy will be busy with all his new toys for a long time.

P1080441P1080443

Happy Birthday Colton!  We love you so much!  You bring so much excitement and laughter to our family and we are so glad that God surprised us with you.

2 comments:

with love, jennifer said...

Oh my gosh, I am laughing so hard about his face plant in his sponge bob cake! Happy birthday to Colton!! Tell that little man he can call me anytime! :)

By the way, I am so jealous of all your milk glass!! I've been trying to collect them to display but it's slow coming!

Love the red velvet cake. I'm going to make an attempt at it!

The Bentleys said...

Happy Birthday Colton from Aunt Carrie and Uncle Tommy! You are truly a joy!!!!!!!