Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Vote For ADAM

Adam came home a few weeks ago and said he had signed up to run for Safety Representative at his school.  I did not think much of it until he told me it required him giving a speech in front of the ENTIRE SCHOOL!  AHHHHHH!  Let me just say that my biggest fear in life is public speaking…even if it just in front of 5 people.  It makes my heart race just thinking about it…and if it required me speaking with a microphone…forget it…I would pass out. 

Adam can be a little bit shy and soft spoken, so I was shocked that it did not seem to bother him to give the speech in front of everyone.  I tried to stay calm and I did not want to pass my fears on to him and make him nervous.  He wrote his speech out an practiced it several times before the big day.

P1070721

Here he is waiting to be called on for his speech.  I was a nervous wreck, but he seemed calm.

P1070723

He did a perfect job and spoke so loud and clear…not one bit of shyness.  It was a side of Adam I had never seen before.  I was so proud of him.  He definitely gets his speaking abilities from his father. 

When Adam came home from school today I asked him who he thought had the best speech.  Thinking he would say one of his good friends, he paused for a while and then said “I think I did”.  Oh, what confidence he has.  I laughed so hard.P1070726

And then there is this little stinker!  I tried to bribe him with cookies during the speech so he would be quiet…as you can see it did not work very well.  He got so loud and excited when he saw Adam and then proceeded to disrupt the program as other kids tried to give their speeches, so we had to make a quick exit.  OH COLTON!

*voting takes place Friday*

3 comments:

with love, jennifer said...

How sweet is this!! Tell him he's got my vote! I'm sure every single girl in that school is going to vote for him too. Yay Adam for Safety Representative!!

LOL Nikki, we're on the same boat with public speaking. I even get nervous talking to the ladies here in the office!

Momofgirls said...

I LOVE this! Isn't it amazing when our children rise up to an occasion that we could never DREAM of taking on!??
I'm gonna be in Lynchburg April 27-May2.....wanna go have brekky at Cracker Barrel?

Denise said...

Cute Nikki! You and Mark have taught him well! Keep us posted on the voting day!

Inger, let us know exactly when you are coming. That is a crazy busy week for me, but Dolly and I would love to meet with you too!