Saturday, April 16, 2011

Bummer

P1070747

Voting was Friday.  When I saw Adam get off the school bus with slumped shoulders and a frowning face, I knew it was not good news.  He was so upset that he didn’t win and it was heartbreaking to hear him tell me how the whole thing went down.  This is my first time to try and help him through disappointment like this.  I don’t like it at all.  I gave him a cheesy line like “You are a winner to me because you did something I could never do.  I am so proud of you for giving a great speech in front of the whole school”.  I don’t think my words helped because he just looked at me with a blank face.

This whole thing brought back bad memories of the many times I tried out for cheerleading in high school and didn’t make it.  They always told me it was because I had a “bad attitude”.  Who knew cheerleaders need a good attitude?  Go figure!  :)  Oh, to be able to have a re-do on high school.

Actually, we sold our house and we are moving in 3 weeks!  WHOOP!  It all happened very fast.this week. So I had met with Adam’s principal to let him know that Adam would be switching schools and we decided that if by some chance he did win the vote, the position would go to the next child in line.  So, in my mind I am telling myself that Adam must have won and they just picked the next kid in line. It makes me feel better to think this. Winking smile

2 comments:

Momofgirls said...

Well, OBVIOUSLY Adam DID win, Nikki....duh!

YAY that the house sold!!!! I hope you have time for a quick frozen yogurt break while you are packing!! I will be there on the 27th!

Donna said...

Bless his heart!! Don't you hate having to see your kids go through stuff like this? I know it's good for them, but it's still so sad:( Maybe he can run at this new school!

Congrats on the house! Where are you moving to?