This is how I found Colton yesterday morning. Actually, Adam found him like this and then yelled for me to come look. It was the first time I had seen him pull himself up like this and I was in shock. (Please ignore the unsnapped PJ's and bedhead)
He then proceeded to show off his new trick all day long and on everything he could manage to pull himself up on. Which did result in some falls and accidents or his frustration with being able to pull himself up, but could not figure out how to get back down.
Again, ignore the unbuttoned outfit. Sometimes it is just easier when you know you will just be changing another diaper in a few minutes anyway. No need in buttoning, just to have to unbutton. Colton was so proud of himself. The odd thing is that he can still not fully sit up by himself, hold his own bottle or even crawl (he does a little scoot to get around) Yet, he can pull himself up like this...does that seem backwards? My mom said that I never crawled when I was a baby, I skipped crawling and went straight to walking. Interesting...
Given Colton's new mobile status, I broke down and ordered this tacky cage play yard. Seriously, could this thing be any brighter, plasticy or ginormous? It will look lovely with my decor. :)
5 comments:
Laughing at the cage! Funny! Where are you going to put that???
Maddie never crawled either. She scooted on her bottom and then went straight to walking too!
He is getting so big! So cute!
Good to see you Thursday! It was a nice surprise!
Nikki, I completely forgot to tell you I found him standing in his crib last Wednesday!! It was soo funny because he was crying/laughing because he was ready to take his nap but didn't know how to get down..but so excited that he was standing!
I can't believe he is pulling himself up already?!! WOW! He probably wants to keep up with Adam. How funny!!
Yes, that cage will come in handy and you'll love it even more the older he gets and the more things he gets in to!!
Wow- he is growing up so fast. Such a cutie! :)
Nikki, did your play yard arrive? I am sure it will come in really handy. One of my dearest friends in Arizona has one and got it with her second and now has four children....it must have made life somewhat less stressful for her to add another two babies to the mix right? Love to you! Caroline
Post a Comment