Thursday, October 22, 2009

This and That

My sweet friend Inger emailed me the other day to tell me she was cleaning out her garage and her dear husband was kindly asking her to give away some of the stuff. She said she had some beautiful dishes and wondered if I would like them...UM, HELLO...YES PLEASE! How nice of her to think of me! And on top of that she sent them to me all the way from Cali. Well, actually her husband sent them to me and he included a very funny note about all the other things he could send my way so he could have his garage back. He went on to list them (couple of sewing machines, miles of fabric, scrapbook supplies, enough Christmas ornaments to decorate the White House) Funny Scott!
These are the beautiful milk glass dishes that arrived at my door today! I absolutely love the candy dishes. Ironically my grandmother had these exact same plate and cup sets and I always admired them growing up. When she passed her stuff along there was some confusion on who they went to. I obviously wanted them really bad, but they ended up at the home of a sister that will remain nameless. :) Let it go Nikki, let it go.
This is a set of beautiful glass plates with matching punch cups. There is a little place on the plates to put the cups. These will be adorable for a baby or bridal shower.
Thank you so much Luffy! I LOVE EVERYTHING!
On another exciting note. My Pyrex dishes arrived today. That was some fast shipping. I love the shape and sizes of these. They are different from the regular Pyrex dishes. I think the deal is still available here ($1.99 each - then check the box that says sign up for 20% off...$1.60 each and shipping was $6.99)
This is Colton's new favorite thing. He loves to have his clothes off and just lay on this carpet. He will stretch and kick his legs and look all around. This entertains him for a good 20 minutes! If his clothes are on it will not work. How cute is he?


Photobucket

4 comments:

Jenny Mather said...

NO FAIR! I need an Inger of my own to send me fun stuff :) By the way, if anyone was wondering I am not the sister who got the dishes. I don't ever get anything...let it go Jenny, let it go :)

Momofgirls said...

Jenny, I have MORE... and I am sure my cute little errand boy would LOVE to send more crap out to Virginia if it means he could put more "airplane" stuff IN our garage!

Nikki... glad it made it there.. hopefully everything survived the trip! Too bad Scott took a load to a thrift store too...who knew people would want it!?

Dolly said...

That was so nice of Inger. You had Christmas a little early.

Colton is getting SO BIG Nikki! He's so tall! What a cutie!!!

It's a Mom Thing said...

Wow, what a sweet friend! I collect milk glass, so I'm jealous of your new items. THey are beautiful!!! Love the hobnob pieces!

And the brunch plates with mugs are very fun! Makes you want to have a little tea or throw a shower just to use them.