Sunday, October 25, 2009

Fun Fall Weekend

We had a fun family weekend. First up was Adam's school carnival on Saturday. There were all kids of games, food and fun things to do. The most popular booth seemed to be the "Emergency Room" where you would see the doctor and get bandaged up with gauze and fake blood. Sounds wonderful right?
Here is Adam at his "doctors appointment"

Getting his bandage and fake blood.
All fixed up. Wow! Looks like a pretty bad break. And the black lines under Adam's eyes are from a previous visit to the face painting booth. Of all the face painting designs he could have chosen, he just told the lady he wanted black under his eyes like a baseball player.
Adam wanted Colton to get a bandage at the "ER" too.
Ahhhh. Every year we are so excited (said sarcastically) to come home from the carnival with a goldfish. Since we didn't have a fish bowl or fish food this sweet little guy did not even make it through the weekend.
______________________________________________
Sunday was my moms birthday and she wanted to celebrate by hosting a Halloween party for all the grand kids and family. My mom LOVES Halloween and LOVES to decorate for it. She will deny it if you were to ask her, but here are the pictures to prove it. She went ALL OUT and the boys loved it.
The spooky table just for the kids

Brains in a jar...eeeeewwww!
Candy Rats on each plate...double eeeeewwww!
Gigi (my mom) putting on the finishing touches.

I brought the party favors. I copied Ingers cookie idea and then did candy cones for the kids.
Check out the adorable pumpkin cake Jenny brought.
Adam dressed up like football player. Ohio State football player to be exact! And what does every football player need...
A FOOTBALL! How nice of Colton to go along with the theme. :) He looked so cute.
Adam wanted a pose where it looked like he was holding the football. this is what he came up with. I was laughing so hard. Poor Colton. Colin was a Michigan football player (Chad & Mark were proud of their boys for playing out the football rivalry) Gracie was beautiful as Cinderella!
Bentley was a baseball player. I think Adam was trying to eat with his helmet on.

Happy Birthday Gigi!
Best Party EVER!


6 comments:

Denise said...

LOVE the party! So nice. Happy Birthday to your momma!

Where did you find that football costume for Colton? Dayna is looking for one for Wyatt--a toddler size 2.

Dolly said...

It DID look like a nice Fall weekend. Loved Colton's football costume and I love that he even got into the gauze with blood from Adam's school fair. So funny!

The Halloween/birthday party looked like it was out of a magazine. Your mom is a great boys Gigi! I bet they LOVED it all. And Jenny's cake looked beautiful! Good job Jenny!

Noel said...

Ok - love how none of my food was pictured - I made a pumpkin shaped cheeseball and mummy dogs for the kids ... but no photos. (just kidding) But, even so, cute post. Mom really went all out. It was a great party!

Momofgirls said...

What a fun way to celebrate your birthday! Lucky kids!

I love Adam's football player and Colton's football (sweet, patient baby boy...fake bandage/blood, then football..)

We did the pumpkin patch and senior pictures over the weekend..I will be posting later today!!! (sad day, watching your child look all grown up!)

Dayna said...

It did look like a great party. That's so sweet of your mom to plan her birthday party for the kids. She's a great mom and gramma!

I was wondering the same thing...where did you get your football costume? We have a cheerleader, a football player, and I though it would only be appropriate to have a football. If I can't find one we are going to have a "crazy fan" instead. Oh...and one Miss America (didn't want to leave anyone out!)

Donna said...

What a fun looking party your mom had! It looked very Martha Stewart-ish. I bet the kids LOVED it. Loved all the costumes, too. Adam looks like a proud big brother holding that football:)