Thursday, October 1, 2009

Family Rules


I saw this project on the Pleated Poppy and LOVED IT. Have you noticed that I am always stealing ideas from people? I guess I am a copy cat, but at least I give credit right? OK, so I wanted to copy this idea but I did not want it as big as the original. I decided to use a canvas that was 12 x 24 (used my Michaels coupon and got the canvas for $6). This also made it easier because scrapbook papers are 12 x 12 so I didn't have to worry about matching 2 pieces side by side like she did...I am too lazy for that kind of detail.

Painted the edges of my canvas. I love this color!
I cut my 12 x 12 paper down to 11 x 4 strips. I wanted a little edge to show so that is why the width is 11 inches. I made the height 4 inches so it would be easier for printing. I copied most of her rules because they were so perfect, but also added some of our own. If you want some great fonts for this project,..or any project... check out Kevin & Amanda. Great FREE down loadable fonts! After I printed all my strips of paper I cut some of them down in height more so they would all be random and varied heights.
I used Matte Modge Podge to glue each strip down, then put 2 coats of Mod Podge on the whole thing to seal it.

I really like it and Adam likes reading all the rules. I look at it every once in a while, it hangs above my desk, and I try to remind myself of rules that I need to remember each day. :)


Photobucket

9 comments:

jday said...

LOVE IT!!

Denise said...

Cute!

It was great seeing you today! Yummy food but creepy Mexican guys!

Momofgirls said...

I saw that original post on TPP and I loved it too! I might try this one! Yours looks great!

I am mailing your Fall Swap TODAY!

WooHoo!!!

Momofgirls said...

by the way, I just got linked over to your blog from my post from today!...I DID it!!!!!!!!!!

Donna said...

Really cute! I may have to try to attempt to make that. You are so crafty!!

Unknown said...

Love this. I may have to give this one a try too! You could totally sell these on Hogwash.

Happy Four said...

You ROCK...need I say more?

Jennifer said...

That's adorable!! I love those blue colors too. Nikki, you're one crafty gal...that Mark got him a good one!

Hope you guys are doing well!

The Pretty Neat Company said...

I love yours! I saved pictures of every project I could find for inspiration and yours was in my top 3 because it was so 'clean' and not cluttered! It is beautiful! Here's a link back to mine, in case any of your readers want to see it! http://theprettyneatcompany.blogspot.com/2009/11/family-values-canvas.html