skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Corsage Tee
I came across this tutorial on Enchantress 3 that shows you how to make your own version of the JCrew Corsage Tee.
I just so happened to have a pile of tee's in a bag ready to go to Good Will. Most of them were maternity shirts that didnt need anymore. So, I decided to give this little project a try. IT WAS SO SIMPLE and only took about 20 minutes.
To make one shirt, you will actually need 2 tee's. I used this v neck style, but you can use a scoop neck, tank top, or whatever you like.
Use the other tee to cut up some hearts. They look a little big in the picture, but they are only about 2 1/2 inches. I think I used about 18 hearts. Dont worry, they wont look like tacky hearts on the shirt. Once you sew them on they end up looking like flower petals or ruffles.
Tack each heart in place, in a random pattern, with just a few stitches. You can use a sewing machine or needle & thread. I used needle and thread and used about 3 stitches in the center of each heart. You can see more details on how to sew them on here.
And here is the finished product. OK, so it is no JCrew design, but not bad for tee's that were going to Good Will.
I also made this purple one with a contrasting color corsage. Looks a little bright in the picture, but its not.
So, I am a little out of control with making these (kind of like the Vistaprint thing...somebody stop me). I mean, I just HAVE TO use up all these old tee's now. So anytime you see me in the near future I will probably be sporting one of the several I have made. I think it may be a little overkill, but oh well.Let me know if you try it! I promise it is an easy one.
7 comments:
Okay, those are so cute! I'm loving the ruffle look this season and these remind of that. Nikki, you're one talented gal!
oh my girl! Where do you get all this energy! So cute!
I totally got into the vista print thing too. After I saw you and denise getting all this free stuff, I decided to check it out. Ordered all kinds of stuff...for FREE! Yeah!
You are one creative ideas girl lately!!! Those are cute shirts and your look really nice! You could sell those, Nikki.
You are so incredibly talented! I love all your updates.
I got my vistaprint order today...come see it on my blog :)
Love to you!
Man! I don't know how you do it. Not only are you trying new ideas and crafts but you blog about, take pictures, PLUS have a new born! With the energy and rate you're going, you need to have at least 2 more kids! :)
Cute idea and I love these tees!
How, oh How are you finding the time to do all of this. WOW! I do hope your child was being fed and his diaper changed while you were making these shirts. HA!
I wish I would have seen this about a month ago... I bought one of these J. Crew shirts!! Luckily, it was just from the Clearance Store so I only paid $15 for it... but still!
Post a Comment