Monday, August 10, 2009

Weekend Review

Mark's parents (Pop & Gram) came to visit from Ohio for the weekend. Adam was so excited for them to get here and meet his brother.
There is not much to do and see in Lynchburg, so our big outing was to Lowes on Saturday so Adam could do the kids project. WHOO HOO fun and exciting times in the Burg.
Adam made 2 projects because he said Colton needed one too. Or maybe it was just an excuse because he wanted to make 2 projects? Adam seems to be using Colton as an excuse for alot of things lately. Like..."I dont want to go to bed because I just want to be with Colton and I will miss him too much" hmmm...sweet, but obviously a ploy to get out of going to bed.
As of yesterday, Colton's umbilical cord had STILL not fallen off. It had been 3 weeks!!! I had to give him a bath and he loved it.
Update - It FINALLY fell off this morning!
I love this picture. This is a typical Colton face. He only likes to open one eye most of the time. hope that doesn't mean something is wrong with the other one?
And I really LOVE this picture. Mostly because he is peaceful and sleeping in it, which has not been happening alot lately. Colic...Acid Reflux...HELP ME!!!!
>
Photobucket

5 comments:

Donna said...

He is SO cute, Nikki! I love the picture of the one eye being opened:) That's sweet that Adam is using him as an excuse to get out of things. He is a good big brother!

I'm glad his cord finally came off.

Leah said...

Lexi had both colic and acid reflux really bad....I can totally relate.

Momofgirls said...

What a precious boy! (both of them!)

I am glad Adam loves Colton so much, even if it is a ploy....

Colic...Oh yes, what a rip- off!

When Anna came along (after Lindsay got sick and brain injured) she was a surprise, so naturally I thought she would be a BOY, and A REALLY GOOD BABY. Obviously she was NOT a boy, and she had colic! Like I had time, energy or ability to deal with THAT!

So, dear Nikki, I feel your pain. I will be praying that his colic and reflux go away sooner than his umbilical cord!!

Dolly said...

I LOVE the last picture. What a sweet little angel!

Mark's parents look so young. They seem like sweet people. I bet they loved being with their grandsons.

I love how Adam loves his brother so much and is so overprotective of him. So cute!

Happy Four said...

Your inlaws are a cute couple. Good genes all the way around!

Glenn was out of town this weekend and I took my little ones to Lowe's for the Boat activity too. Lowe's has great projects.