Tuesday, July 28, 2009

One Week

Happy One Week Birthday to Colton. I cant believe it has been a week already! Soon I will be saying I cant believe it has been a year and that makes me sad to even think about.
Colton has been such a perfect little baby since we brought him home, but last night he pulled out all the stops! He literally cried from 9 pm till 3 am. I mean screaming, crying, thrashing and nothing would comfort him. He had a seriously upset tummy and could not get rid of his gas, even with plenty of mylicon drops. Of course I went straight to my computer to google what to do (as if I am a first time mom or something...but you do forget these things) Anyway, I discovered something that many of you other moms were probably already aware of. GRIPE WATER.
Mark was so desperate for the crying to stop, he went all the way across town to the 24 hour Walgreens...at 2:30 in the morning to get this stuff. Within 15 minutes of giving it to Colton, he started burping like crazy and instantly fell asleep for 6 hours! Wonderful! Hopefully tonight will be better and we wont even need this.


Photobucket

6 comments:

Donna said...

Wow, that week went by fast! I love his hair! It reminds me of Roy Austin's hair when he was born. It makes him look so much older and mature:)

I'm glad you found a remedy for the crying. I have heard great stuff about that gripe water. Hopefully tonight will be better!!

jday said...

He is so adorable! Sweet picture!

Hey, if he has a tough time sleeping tonight I've got some Ambien- that works great, too! ( just kidding, people!)

Jennifer said...

Seriously...a week??? Oh my, time is going by quickly. He's a doll baby! That hair is unbelievable...were you surprised to see that? Oh, and did you have heartburn when you were pregnant? Don't they say if a baby has a lot of hair you will have that? I just expected a blonde baby because of Adam. Of course, my sister had a baby with white, white hair and another with black hair.

Okay, fill me in on the gripe water. I'm thinking Lane may need it - she's not overly happy lately. How much do you give and do you put it in a bottle or a dropper? Keep those tips coming because I'm needing all the help I can get! :)

Dolly said...

I can't believe it's been a week already! He's even more precious in person than he is in these pictures. Adam is so cute with him too. So protective just like a big brother should be.

Tonya said...

I LOVED GRIPE WATER! It was the only thing that helpedmy secondwith her tummy for thr first 6 months! It also works well for teething!

Colton is so stinking cute and that hair is unreal!He looks like he's wearing a toupe!

Happy Four said...

Gripe Water helped my boys a great deal. I pray it continues to help your little man. He is SO gorgeous!