Sunday, June 21, 2009

Food Lion Triples & Other Deals

I just had my first triple coupon experience and it was everything I imagined! Thanks to Donna, I was informed last week that the Va. Food Lions were having triple coupons this weekend. This was a shock seeing as they never even do doubles. We made a few trips to Food Lion over the weekend, since you can only use 20 coupons at a time, and had great savings each time. I am just going to post a picture of my recent trip today where my original total was $39.72 and my final cost was $5.67! My goal was for this last trip to come in under $1, but Mark had to throw in the coffee creamer (that we did not have a coupon for) without me knowing and my strategy was ruined. :) But I am still happy with my 86% savings!
Also wanted to pass on this deal I found at Target in case you are interested.
This Gillette set is only $7.99. These are not sample size products in the pack. They are full size and lucky for me these are the exact products Mark uses. Well, on top of the $7.99 being a great deal, I also used my $4 Gillette Fusion Razor coupon (most of you coupon girls have this coupon, Im sure) Which made it only $3.99. They also have a similar set for ladies, I think it is a Venus or something?
Photobucket

6 comments:

Dolly said...

This is GREAT Nikki! You did so good. I went back today and got a few more things from today's coupons. I'm laughing because I have a lot of the things you have like the free FL pasta, Ragu, Mentos, mustard and pepperoni. I LOVE TRIPLES!!!!

Oh, and thanks for the razor tip. I'll have to try that one this week.

Dolly said...

Oh, and I forgot. We got the same Edwards desert. I was so excited to use my .75 cents coupon on that one. We both agreed on the brownie. Looks so good!

Donna said...

When did y'all get that Edward's coupon?! I haven't seen that one. You did great, Nikki!! I'm proud of you girls:) We have super doubles at HT this coming week (double up to $1.98). It's exciting times lately, huh?

I'll have to go get that razor thing at Target. That's a great deal.

Dolly said...

Donna, I think that coupons for Edward's is in the "All You" magazine. Am I right Nikki?

Nikki said...

Funny story about the Edwards coupon. Some old lady gave it to Mark in the grocery store when she noticed and admired our couponing strategies and how serious we were about it. You know how old people love to see the young folks saving thier money and spending wisely. :) I think she was sweet on him, she kept following him around and wanting to talk. Adam and I were laughing and making fun of him, but it got us a free dessert!

Elizabeth said...

I went to Target today, but I believe ours was out...I do have that fabulous $4 coupon, so I might check out Walmart.

GOOOOD Stuff Nikki! You're turning into quite the pro!