Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Mothers Day Lunch and Cupcake Pops...YUMMY!

Mothers Day Lunch
Adam had the sweetest Mothers day lunch at his class today. When I got there the teacher had all the kids lined up and waiting to greet their mothers and show them to their seats. The tables were decorated with flowers and handmade gifts from the kids. It was so sweet and cute.
This cute purse picture frame was waiting for me at my seat.
And this was the adorable place mat. I think Adam was into hearts the day he colored this.

Each child served their mom a very yummy lunch. Adam was so proud of himself and could not stop grinning from ear to ear. At least he didnt ignore me this time. It is hit or miss with him.
This picture was taken by Adam. Nice shot of my mouth full of the yummy food!







































And this was a little book called "My Mother". It is so funny the things that your children pick up on that you think they would never notice. Or the things they don't pick up, like the fact that my hair is dark brown in all the pictures he colored. Here is what the book said.

This is my mother. Nikki
My mother likes to work on the computer (poor guy, I am always on the computer, but I would not say it is always because I necessarily "like" to be...unless it is for blogging of course)
My mother likes it when it is warm (I laughed so hard when I read this because I am ALWAYS cold. I always have a sweatshirt or blanket around me. So funny that he chose to put that down)
My mother is great because she is the "dest" mom (I hope he mean "best" and not "dest" )


What a little sweetie! This made my day!
_____________________________________________________________________________


Cupcake PopsI had to make some treats this week for a bake sale and also for teacher appreciation week. I have had my eye on these cupcake bites and cupcake pops for a while so this gave me a good excuse to try it out. I actually ended up not making the cupcake pops because it got a little too complicated, so I just stuck some of the cupcake bites on a stick and it served the same purpose. Let me tell you something, these things taste GOOD! The inside is filled with a regular cake baked with any box mix and then you crumble it up and mix with a can of store bought frosting. I used a chocolate cake mix and cream cheese frosting...YUMO!




The links I gave above will give you instuctions on the original cupcake pops from Bakerella. But you may also want to check out this site for more detailed instuctions on making the CUPCAKE BITES.

It is a good thing I finally delivered all these today. They had been sitting on my counter all day yesterday and I had been popping then in my mouth left and right. I dont even want to know how many I actually ate.



Photobucket

12 comments:

jday said...

Where is Colton in that picture of you??! You don't look pregnant!

Our Mother's Day Tea and Luncheon is tomorrow- I'm excited!

You didn't tell me about those pops when I asked you about teacher stuff today!! VERY cute idea!!

Denise said...

Goog grief girl--I ditto Jday's comment! Where is the wee babe? You lookin good Mrs. Hogsed!

Adam is such a sweetie! I know he was so proud to have you there. I was laughing at the black hearts!

Ummmm...you little crafty one you! CUUUUUTE cupcakes!

Donna said...

I was wondering the same thing! YOu can't see your belly! You go ahead and keep popping those cupcakes. They look SO good. I will have to try those soon.

Okay, I'm LOL at the "likes the computer" part of Adam's book. That is my worst fear...Caroline writing or telling people that Mommy is always on the computer.
He made you a cute book and I know you love it. Caroline's Mother's Day party is next Tues and I'm excited to see what she made.

Dolly said...

Adam is so cute! I bet it was fun going to his class to see what he made for you. He was probably SO EXCITED and so proud of his pretty mommy today! I'm laughing too at the fact that he said his mommy works on the computer. Is that what you tell him you are doing when you're checking blogs at night. hahah!

Love the cupcakes. for you not liking to bake, those sure are beautiful. I want one right now!

Momofgirls said...

You look great!!

I want to make the cupcake pops for Friday's Teacher Appreciation lunch at Shae's school that I am doing, but I have looked on Bakerella so many times and chickened out! (those people are baking FREAKS-oh the cuteness they produce!!!)

How fun to go to Adam's class..I used to do Mother's day lunches when I was teaching too!! So cute when the kids like treating their Moms special!

Happy Mother's Day!!

Unknown said...

You DO look skinny! Those cupcake bites are beautiful and lovin the Amy Butler dots that you used to decorate the cannister!

Momofgirls said...

okay Nikki, I just about lost my salvation trying to do the cupcake pops! I JUST threw the rest of the balls in the trash!

NEVER will I try those again...those Bakerella girls are a rare breed (and so are you!!)

Nikki said...

Inger - I couldnt do the cupcake pops either. They were way to hard. That is why did the cupcake BITES that you make in the little tray molds and then I just stuck them on a stick to make them into a pop. I put some melted choc on the tip of the stick before I put it in the bites. Sorry it didnt work out for you. Try making the bites!

Happy Four said...

First off, you don't look pregnant at all in that photograph. How can you be due in only approximately 70 days? I declare Nikki, not only do you look hot, you are one of THE MOST TALENTED ladies I know. Everything you make looks professional --correction -- IS professional. Now I am off to drink a Diet Coke and wallow in my inability to be crafty (I already had Cold Stone ice cream today so it is time to cut back the remainder of the evening).

Happy Mother's Day!

Leah said...

I have some awards for you at my blog. :)

Jennifer said...

Nikki you look great! And I do love a pregnant accessorizing gal...cute necklace!

Adam is a doll and seems so sweet. I love how he placed a mint on top of the chips - doesn't want his mama having some bad breath.

Okay, seriously you crumble up a cake and mix it with icing??? PURE HEAVEN!! Oh my goodness, that sounds great. And they're so cute too!

Elizabeth said...

Ok, LOVE the cupcake pops....oh my goodness. SOOO CUTE! Sweet book from Adam too....

Think I'll try those cupcake pops. Is that from Bakerella?