Friday, March 13, 2009

Catching up

It has been a busy week and I have really been slacking with my blog and with catching up on other blogs. So this post will be a little random. Mostly just for memory and scrapbooking purposes so it may not be very interesting to you, sorry

As a continuation from my last post about our new little BOY on the way I wanted to give some more details. Adam went with us for the ultrasound and he was so excited. We didn't really explain anything to him before we went in. looking back we probably should have discussed and explained how it worked. He thought it was hilarious that they knew it was a boy because they found a "Nernie" this is what we call boy parts in our family...dont ask...long story! He could not stop giggling every time the tech would point out the Nernie. The tech caught that Adam kept calling it a Nernie and so she typed it on some of the ultrasound pictures. It was pretty funny. Adam has been on cloud 9 after finding out it is a boy. It is so sweet. We asked him what he was most excited about with the baby and he said "That I will have a brother for the rest of my life" It was so sweet and sincere and made me feel really guilty for depriving him of a sibling for all these years. He has literally been praying for a little brother for over 2 years now and I was just not ready and so uncertain about the decision or you could say I was being selfish , but thankfully God made the decision for us! What a blessing.

This is the ultrasound picture that reads "Hand on Nernie" Adam found this particularly funny and the tech said "Oh yeah, you know its a boy, he has his hand on it"!


We are having a hard time coming up with a name. We really thought it was going to be a girl and we were all set with the name Ella Grace, but I guess that wont work now. We are having a hard time agreeing. Right now it it leaning towards Colton Glen, but we also like the name Ethan. Glen is my grandfathers name and I really want to use it in some way. Let me know if you have any other good suggestions. :) Adam was off school today so we met my mom at the mall to eat at the food court. He got a balloon from Chick fil A and was so excited. He carried it around while we shopped for a while and it kept him entertained (actually he was punching it and trying to hit other people and I kept yelling at him). As we were going outside to leave he said "Can I let my balloon go in the sky so I can give it to Jesus for giving me a baby brother". I am serious, I promise...he really said this. It was the sweetest thing ever. Then he let it go in the air and said "Thank you Jesus for my little brother". I just love this kid! Now don't get me wrong, I do not want to paint this picture of this sweet little angel boy who only says the sweetest things and make him sound well...like a sissy. Trust me Adam is ALL BOY. I think you all remember this post that can attest to this. But that just makes it that much sweeter when he says things like this that are so sincere, and so out of character for him. A nice break from him talking about poop & farts.
Photobucket

11 comments:

Jennifer said...

Nikki, that little Adam is the sweetest thing! Seriously, he really said that about the balloon??? How cool is that. Show him this post several years down the road when his toddler brother is getting on his nerves. HA HA

Hmmm...nernie. I would really love to hear the story behind that one.

I like the boy names you have picked out. I have a nephew named Colten. In fact, for the last couple of years I've loved the name of the Univ. of TX quarterback - Colt McCoy. It is a major sports name...like he was destined to be a TX quarterback. Anyway, all that to say that I like Colton. And I like family names...I'm a sentimental person so I like names that have meanings.

Elizabeth said...

Two different parts of this post got me all teared up: The part where Adam was glad he'd have a brother the rest of his life and then of course the baloon. SO very very sincere and sweet. I'm so glad that boy is getting a brother!

Oh, how about Ethan Glen?

Denise said...

I too have been slacking from the blogs. I hate that I have slacked!

Anyway, LOVE the stories of Adam. Boys are sweet, boys are schweet!

I just heard someone use the name Seth last week and thought it was a very manly strong name. Also, there is my favorite, Benjamin!

Denise said...

Oh, and BTW, our word is "Hoot." Nernie---funny! You will have to share that story in April when I come up!

jaimebeasley said...

I can not believe the things Adam says, he really is growing up. All those years he thought it was Jesus who wouldnt give him a baby and it was YOU..ha.

i really really like the name colton glen. i do like ethan too, i have a nephew name ethan, actually its ella grace's brother..ha

i am getting very excited to see you sooN!!!!

Momofgirls said...

Nikki, I am so glad you posted that! You will want to always remember how excited...and grateful...Adam was about his brother!

I am an only child (well, My parents tried-4 miscarriages, 3 before me, 1 after)so I totally know Adam's longing.I guess that is why these bloggy friends came into my life, huh?

Your boys will have the most precious relationship, and you will be so blessed by it (ok...I am not even pregnant and I am teary eyed just typing this!!)

I am praying for the rest of your pregnancy to be uneventful, fun and especially for a fast, easy pain free delivery!!!!!

p.s. i am wayyyyy behind on blogging too..hopefully my girl can load me some pictures today!

Dolly said...

This was a sweet post. I love Adam! He seems like such a happy kid who is really grateful and it really seems he is for his brother.

I love the names you have too. Family names are the best and you can't go wrong with them.

Donna said...

Adam is so sweet!! He will be the best big brother to your little man. I love both names--Colton and Ethan. They're both strong, manly and cool. If you name him Colton, you can call him Colt. Ethan is just cool.

Nernie! Now that's funny. I love to hear what families call "parts". We haven't really talked about what to call RA's, but right now I think we just refer to it as his P?

Rose said...

Nernie? Now thats funny! We call ours a tee-tee or a front bottom. Not as cool as NERNIE..
I like the name colton...its cute and very cowboy/boyish. I likey.

Tiffany said...

Sorry, I am just thinking about the time Adam blurted out something else about a Nernie over the mic at WH ...I won't repeat it here.

I would probably be tearing up too, but I am laughing too hard about the other Nernie story (just ask if you don't know what I'm talking about).

Seriously, I never knew Adam wanted a brother so much, and it's so cute that he's getting so sentimental about it.

I think Colton is a really cute name. I think Brody is cute too. Anyways, I think anytime you post new ultrasound pix, you should title it "Chronicles of Nernia" haha! (We're watching Prince Caspian in the rv right now!)

Kristi Smalley said...

What a sweet boy you have, Nikki! It is so good that you have blogged about it to document this sweet memory. He will be such a helper to you and will be so sweet to him.

I like Ethan Glen. That is such a great name! I also like Seth! You could always name him Ernie, kind of along the lines of Nernie! Ha!