This post may not impress some of you who have big beautiful kitchens with custom cabinets and granite counter tops. But my loving husband has just finished a month long project of totally renovating our kitchen and I am just thrilled beyond words! First of all, we live in a very old and very small house. Which means the kitchen was VERY old and VERY VERY small. The layout was terrible and I hated to cook in it because it was so hard and to make matters worse there was no dishwasher and no place to put a dishwasher so everytime I would cook, that would mean I would have to wash all the dishes by hand! Hated it! We decided to try and sell our house in a few months and knew that the kitchen would have to be updated in order to do so. So my talented husband took the project on all by himself. While also managing his job as a teacher, coaching basketball, working on his Masters degree and not neglecting family time! He is amazing! So here are the before and afters.
The after. Mark moved the fridge and added a pantry to the awkward area where the stove used to be.
Thank you Mark. You did a wonderful job and I am so happy with my new kitchen. Maybe I will start cooking more and actually be able to submit some recipes to Whats for Din Din. Too bad we only get to enjoy it for a few months before it is time to sell. Thank you to my Uncle Tommy for all your advice and for letting us borrow your tools...oh, and also a big thank you to my BIL Chad for your bruit strength when hanging the cabinets!





16 comments:
LOVE the new look and you're right. The new layout is so much better and makes more sense. I hope you enjoy your new kitchen. You may now want to sell your house now. By the way, I LOVE your curtain in your kitchen too. So clean and classy looking. Good job Mark! You're a man of many trades.
I was thinking the same thing Dolly- who knew that Mark is a Jack of all trades!!
It looks really great! How much are you lovin' that dishwasher??!
Now, I'm only saying this because I know you well...do you really think that the new kitchen will make you actually cook meals??? I'm thinking Entreevous?? Which is the one in the burg?
Nikki!!! I love it! And what is so nice is that Mark did it all for you! What a good man.
I like your kitchen more than mine!
Your kitchen is beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Looking good!!!! Looking good!!!! Your husband is a good man.
Oh My GOODNESS!! That transformation is amazing! Did Mark plan that new layout all by himself? I love the idea of the pantry and the desk. Way to go, Mark! I know you are proud of him. I can't believe he did all of that! It looks great, Nikki. Very clean and fresh. I bet you can't wait to go get breakfast in the morning:)
Oh, and don't you love doing the dishes now? I bet you LOVE your dishwasher!!
Hi, this is my first time to your blog. Came here via TipJunkie(I think) and your Make Your Own Tiered Serving Tray post. Very cute! And then I started looking at the rest of your blog. LOVE your new kitchen. We live in an older home and have crappy cabinets. I love what your husband did...great job! And I realized you "know" Jennifer Clardy. We go to church together. Small blog-world, huh.
I've been slack at blogging the past few days so I'm just now commenting on your new kitchen...and I LOVE it!!! Seriously, that's a good man you got if he can do all that.
Nikki, I can't believe you have not had a dishwasher...you poor thing! I would not cook a think if that was the case. Think of all those bottles that you're NOT going to have to wash by hand now...ahhhh!
Love it! What a difference! I love the new appliances, so sleek and cool!
Now I can't wait for the yummy gourmet meal post!!
it is not 1:25 am here...only 10:25pm...don't want you girls to think I am a slacker!
LOVE your new kitchen! :)
Nikki, the new kitchen is stunning! Are you sure you want to sell the house? I LOVE WHAT YOUR HUBBY DID...GO MARK!
Mark did a fantastic job on the kitchen. It's beautiful and looks so much more functional! I always to see how you decorate your house you have such great taste!
can i hire mark to come work on my kitchen? who knew that he had so much talent? i finally gave in and got my very own blog tonight, but i am having trouble finding a background, all the ones that i like dont work, please help!!
Your new kitchen looks great! I am so impressed! Good for you!
Post a Comment