Friday, January 9, 2009

Baby Hog and the proud Big Brother

I went for my first doctors appointment today and it is official...I am pregnant! Adam was so excited to see the ultrasound picture when he got home from school, but was not happy that he could not make out exactly where the baby was in the picture. My estimated due date is August 3rd. YIKES! Can you imagine how big and swollen I will be in the middle of the summer!
We have been jokingly calling the baby Clementine over the past weeks. It started as a joke, but then stuck because it frustrates Adam so much when we say it (We are mean parents that like to annoy our child for a laugh) Adam gets so mad when we refer to the baby as Clementine because it makes him think the baby might be a girl and he DOES NOT want a sister AT ALL. He makes that clear everyday. What are we going to do with him if we find out it is a girl??? He is going to have a meltdown.
Dont you love these first Ultrasound pictures...looks like a blob to me! :)
Vote on the sidebar for your prediction of a boy or girl. I know all of you are hoping for a girl, but think of Adam before voting!
Photobucket

24 comments:

Donna said...

YES!!!! The baby countdown has begun!!! I say girl all the way. The Brewer family needs a girl:)

Congratulations. I was pregnant with RA in the summer and I was dreading it but I ended up loving it. Summer maternity clothes are the best!

Oh, you are going to find out the sex, right?

Denise said...

Yippee! Me so happy for you. Both our Jennifer's are pregnant!

I know Adam wants a boy, but he really needs a little baby sister to love on! What does Mark want?

I loved being pregnant in the summer too! Way better than in the winter.

Leah said...

Congrats, again! Such a cute photo of Adam with the ultrasound pics. Hope you are feeling well. :)

jday said...

GIRL- that's my gut feeling! I agree, the Brewer's need a girl, but NIKKI needs a girl, too!

Girls, I have to seriously disagree with the summer pregnancy thing. Peyton was born in February and I LOVED being able to wear stretchy pants and huge sweaters and no one could tell just how incredibly fat I was. (Or maybe they really could! Now I'm really embarrassed!!)Anyway, Cade was born in July and there was no hiding the fat arms, big butt and major swollen feet! The only good thing was that I wore flip flops constantly and never had to worry about the tight shoes. Summer maternity clothes stopped looking cute on me after I was like 5 months along!!!

Donna said...

Yes, I agree. NIKKI needs a girl! Just think how cool that girl will be with all of her monograms, cute pillow case dresses, hairbows....

Jennifer said...

FINALLY some stats on this baby! :) And I'm so glad to hear your officially pregnant...nothing like breathing a sigh of relief after seeing the ultrasound and hearing the heartbeat.

I think if you have a boy first then everyone wants you to have a girl...we're experiencing the same thing. It's almost like they think you've had it too easy and want to put you through the pain of mood swings, puberty, them dating bad guys, etc. :) But, I'm going to vote for a boy because I think Adam needs a little bro so he can show him the ropes.

Oh the summer pregnancy...never experienced it but have always dreaded the thought of it. This summer you'll be in the final stages of pregnancy and I'll be just plain fat with saggy skin so I feel your pain. :)

By the way, I did't know you were a Jennifer too! Is Nikki your middle name?

Kristi Smalley said...

Nikki, I am laughing at you calling your sweet baby, "Baby Hog". If she is a girl, we need to block out this post so she won't have issues later in life if she sees it Ha!

Unknown said...

I LOVE those pictures. THat is a sweet pic of the big bro for the scrapbook! I voted girl too. He will be mad at first but once she smiles at him...he will be MUSH! Are you ahead of Jenny and yeah..is your name Jennifer too? Me confused.

the mccollums... said...

Congratulations, Nikki!!! :) I loved reading this post and seeing that the countdown is on. Adam is going to be a great helper no matter if its a girl or boy...but, yeah, I voted for a girl too! :)

The Bentleys said...

Well, if it had been earlier, I would have voted for TWINS...a girl for Nikki and the Brewers and a boy for Adam! Are you sure another baby is not hidden behind the obvious one? We love you, precious niece! C.

Dolly said...

YES! I loved reading the specifics on baby hog! I'm laughing at you calling it baby hog too.

Adam is so adorable and that's another great reason to have another baby...you and Mark make great looking kids.

Me confused...your sonogram picture says EDD as 7-19-08 but you said August. What up with that?

Congrats Nikki! I'm voting for twins! Boy and Girl!

Tiffany said...

I've got to go with a girl! Adam's heart will change as soon as he meets her...plus you've already picked out a name. Clementine has such a nice ring to it!

Since you openly admit to being one of those mean parents that likes a laugh at Adam's expense, I would just start making cute girly dresses and let Adam know he can have them if the baby is a boy...maybe he'll change his mind! If it is a boy, it just means you'll have to have a 3rd! We're really excited for you!!

Nikki said...

Yes, I am confused on the due date too Dolly. The doctor said he might adjust the date as I get further along and have my first REAL ultrasound. Because I have no idea when I got pregnant it was a little hard to determine the exact date. Hopefully it will be more like July 19th, since that is what the picture says! :)

And yes, I am a Jennifer too. Jennifer Nicole is my name, Nikki is just a nickname.

Everyone called Adam "baby hog" before he was born...and after. I actually think it was started by Jamie "Holmberg" McCollum. So I just thought I would carry on the tradition. When Adam was born we got TONS of stuffed animal pigs (hogs) in the hospital. I had to keep expaining to the nurses that people like to make fun of me wonderful last name!:)

Happy Four said...

I am so glad to touch base and see a photograph of your little miracle. I don't have a gut feeling on what you are carrying. I thought my second was going to be a girl, but God saw fit to give me a second son and now I couldn't imagine our family any differently.

I am praying for your health and that of your baby. Can't wait to keep updated via your blog on how you are doing and how baby is developing.

What a miracle it is that God sees fit to bless us with children.

Dayna said...

Congratulations Nikki! I think you need a girl too. Yes, there are emotional moments...but it is great to have someone to paint your nails, pick out your clothes, and give you those massages you are supposed to get from your husband!!! When I was pregnant with Janna, Grayson really wanted a sister since she already had a brother. I mean she really wanted a sister. She was also into the Wizard of Oz and wanted a Toto dog. My wonderful husband told her if the baby was a boy he would get her a Toto dog to take some of the pain away. Thank the Lord we did have a girl. I don't think I could take a new baby and a Toto dog in the house! He has not made a deal like that since!

Momofgirls said...

Okay Nikki, I think you NEED whatever that baby ends up being, take it from an expert! We STILL have people saying "oh, don't you want a boy?" {hahahahahahahahahaha}

Uh, NO! Not at this point! (Each pregnancy I secretly hoped for a boy, and each delivery I had to hide my disappointment...but I now understand God's plan!) Having a girl with special needs is awesome when she has sisters! God knew what we would need! He always does!

Adam will adore a girl, more than he thinks, and we would LOVE a bro too! Who cares as long as it goes full term and is healthy and not colicky!!

(but a girl+ your creativity= super cute room and super cute monogrammed bow headed cutie!!)

I am praying for you and Jennifer!!

Noel said...

Way to post your "blob" on your blog! I am voting for a girl and I think the name Clementine should stay! Sorry Adam - I am a mean aunty!!!

Tonya said...

Nikki! I love sweet little baby blob pitures! I am so glad you are doing well! Adam is so sweet holding that picture. I voted for a boy because I think the Brewers are on a generation of boys. Although I would love to see another Brewer girl. I talk like Mark has nothing to do with this huh... How was your first doctor visit? Who did you see? I updated my blog...I almost hear your shock

Janis Reber said...

Well, it looks like the girls are in the majority....guess wise, anyway. I must say that I vote girl, too. I think you need a little girl, Nikki. With all the beautiful little pillowcase dresses and things you make for other people....you need your own little girl to make some of these things for. And Adam needs a little sister to pamper, protect and love....he just doesn't know it yet. Keep the pregnancy reports coming on your blog. We are all very happy for you, and we want to be right there with you on your journey!!

Biter said...

Me likie the picture of baby hog!

Denise said...

Nikki-just checking your blog. Wow, muy mucho comments on the sweet baby in your belly. When I say that it reminds me of the Austin Powers movie when that gross nasty big guy tells mimime "Get in my belly!" (I'm laughing)

Anyway, who's biter?

Nikki said...

Biter???? Who are you??? I need to go check out my blog patrol.

Jennifer said...

I know who "Biter" is, I know who "Biter is and I'm not telling!!!!! :)

P.S. It ain't me!

Elizabeth said...

Hey! July 19th is my birthday! Woo hoo!