WARNING! Long post with 3 random and unrelated stories. This may be boring to some of you, but I am posting this for scrapbook and memory purposes.
Last night we went shopping at Old Navy. I found the cutest dress shirt and tie for Adam. The tie had skull and crossbones on it (a skull is always perfect for church huh? :) Adam loves anything pirate or anything with a skull, so I thought this would be perfect. He looked so cute in it. Had I know the events that would have unfolded I would have taken a picture of him in it before we left for church this morning. But instead, I am posting this picture from the website so you can see how cute it was.
Anyway, every Sunday morning we have a tradition of stopping at Sheetz for doughnuts and coffee on our way to church. Choc Milk for Adam. I know, only the best for my family! We were driving down the road and I heard Adam shaking up his choc milk...can you see where this is going? Well you guessed it. We were about a mile from church when milk went flying all over the place. All over the car and YES, all over the new shirt and tie that I loved!!!! AAHHHHHH!Another funny story from Adam this week
We bought a devotional book for Adam so that we could do family devotions each night. The book said it was for boys between the ages of 6 - 9. Evidently it is much more for 9 year old then for 6 year olds. It uses alot of analogies that are WAY over Adams head. A few nights ago we were reading and it was telling a story about Peter fishing in shallow water and Jesus took him to deep waters. At the end of the devotions, it asked the question "How can you step into deeper water with Jesus?" Mark and I just looked at each other and rolled our eyes because we are frustrated with this book and it was yet one more thing that would be over Adams head. Then Adam said he knew the answer. He was dead serious and said "Use a floatie".
And now....My new favorite
For some of you that live in the bigger cities, I know this will be old news to you. But we just got a Make&Take in Lynchburg. I think there are several other franchises like this with different names. For those of you who dont know about these places, it is basically set up with professional kitchen stations and you can go in and cook a bunch of meals and take them home and freeze them. For some of you who really enjoy cooking and baking this may not be for you. But I dread cooking dinner every night, especially when I have been working all day. More than not liking cooking, I dread having to come up with something new to make each night. So this place is a DREAM. I go in and cook all my meals for a week in one hour and dont have to clean up a thing. The meals are excellent and all the ingredients are fresh, so it does not taste like typical frozen food. I resisted doing this at first because I thought it would be more expensive. But, I have actually saved money and we have stopped going out to eat so much because there is always something for dinner. OK, so that was my plug for Make and Take Gourmet. This was not a paid advertisement.




15 comments:
Oh, good post...great stories, great pics, keep up the good work :)
I love make and take too! It's wonderful. Makes fixing dinner so much easier.
Nikki won't toot her own horn, but her earlier post about the monogrammed coffee mug was featured on Tip Junkie!! Click on the link on her side bar to see it.
CUTE story and picture of Adam! Are you sure the milk spill was an accident?? I don't think you're giving Adam enough credit...
LOVE the pose at the Make and Take counter!!
So where is this make and take place? I am all over that!
Oh Tonya! You dont know about it! It is in Forest in the new shopping center where the post office is. You will love it and it is fun to go with friends.
Okay, I am laughing OUT LOUD at the floatie story! So funny, SO BOY!
Okay, I hate when people tell me suggestions, buuuut, we have a devo book I bought for us to do with the children. Dan Dan loves it and reads in on his own every day--constantly! It is very encouraging to see.
Anyway, the book is called The One Year Book of Devotions for Kids. I think there are a series of these books. We have #2. I got it on Ebay.
It originated from the radio based kids program Childrens Bible Hour/Keys for Kids. You can actually go online to www.cbhministeries.org/home.php and listen to OR download/print Keys for Kids devotional stories. My children seriously love them!
Just a little FYI, just a little fyi! BTW, still laughing at the floaties!
Now let me go see your mug.
And, also, thanks for supporting the Make and Take place! I know the Forest Square owners appreciate it!!!!
Denise, tell your parents good job on the selection of shops at the forest square. not sure if they have anything to do with it? but it looks great. Those girls that own M&T are so sweet. I dont know if your parents know them or not? We are also so excited for the new Kroger.
Nikki. I'm clapping! ONe of your best posts, yet. I love the story about Adam. The milk is disgusting, though. I hate the smell of warm, dried, crusty milk in the hot car. I'm sure you cleaned it all very well! I love the floatie story, too!
I'll have to try that make and take thing. It's called Super Suppers here in Charlotte. That would be a fun girls' night out.
Donna, you probably have many, many places like Make&Take in Charlotte. We have a Super Suppers, Entrevous, Let's Dish, Dream Dinners and there is one other that I am forgetting. Some of them have already prepared frozen meals called grad and go. They are great to give to families when you're doing meals like when someone has a baby or is sick, etc..
correction: GRAB and go
LOVE the post. I'm quite fond of the devotional story. Tee hee. I'm SO sorry I missed Make it/Take it....I got into town later than I planned and wanted to catch Chas after his race....What all did you get??
Yes, Nikki, you forgot to tell us all what you made? Give us the scoop.
Thanks for the info Nikki! I am going to go there next week...and maybe tomorrow to "pick up" dinner!
LOVE this post too! Your posts keep your fans coming back for more. Adam is ADORABLE by the way. When I saw the pic of the spilled milk, I remember that story of the spilled paint (I believe in your parents car?). Remember that? You were SO UPSET!
And by the way...Forest is kicking it up a notch if I do say so myself. I'm loving the new stores coming out there too! I'm def going to visit M&T!
Post a Comment