Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Oh Colton

Do you know what the item in the picture below is?P1100148

It is a key…a key to my SANITY!  P1100151

Each morning after Mark and Adam leave for the day, I start my routine of going around the house and locking all the doors.  Especially all the bathrooms and Adam’s room.  I have had to resort to this after realizing I cannot keep up with Colton and all the messes and danger he gets into if I turn my back for a second.  I then have to carry the key around with me in case I actually need to get into a room.  What has my life come to??P1100154

Colton has recently decided he likes to wake up at 5:30.  Most kids wake up a little sleepy and might just sit on the couch, drink a bottle, watch some cartoons.  NOT COLTON.  This boy wakes up ready to seek what he will destroy.  He goes full force as soon a his feet hit the floor. Have I ever mentioned that I AM NOT A MORNING PERSON?  Anyway… it is only 9:00 am and I have already had to clean up several incidents and save him form jumping off the table 2 times.  At one point this morning I looked at my computer and saw this…P1100188

YUP!  Someone popped my keys off AGAIN!  I went searching for a very quiet boy and found this…P1100180

He was putting all the computer keys in a ziploc baggie.  How nice and thoughtful of him to be so organized!P1100181

When he saw me, he just looked up and said “hi mom”…when I came back with the camera he smiled and said “cheese”. He was proud!

This is going to be a awesome day…

1 comment:

with love, jennifer said...

HAHA! "Oh Colton" is right! He's a wild lil thing! What a sweet face though. I think it's time you treat yourself to a new computer :)