Adam’s room is finally finished. This room was done on a serious BUDGET! I set an amount for the room and I hunted and scoured yard sales and Good Will for some deals. Everything in this room, including furniture and decorations came in under $300! I would still love to get a new quilt like THIS, but that will have to wait…so just use your imagination.
Bed was $20 on craigslist and the pillows I made from Adam’s favorite team t shirts.
I made the shelf SUPER cheap with instructions from HERE. I wanted a really long shelf for trophies, but could not find one anywhere so I gave this a try. The entire shelf and brackets cost under $20 (thanks to the moulding I got from the dumpster of a house being built on our street…Yes, I asked first and YES, my husband and children were mortified)
Personalized Jersey Art made with my Silhouette and inspiration from HERE
The dresser is from Good Will ($45) and it was painted an awful color. I repainted and waxed it with Chalk Paint of course.
And I made the Scoreboard Art (with the help of my trusty Silhouette) after inspiration from my IRL friend Denise and instructions from HERE & HERE.
These were the original wood knobs that came on the dresser, but I cut out some red vinyl baseball stitches with my Silhouette and just stuck them on. Do you notice how much I used my poor Silhouette in this room?
I bought these jars from Wal Mart to store all the LITTLE TINY toys that drive me crazy laying around the house…like Army Men, Lego’s & Matchbox Cars. It is funny that ever since I put these things out in the jars, Adam has started playing with them again.
I skipped curtains and bought a pack of mini pennants at the sports store, strung them on rope and pinned each end up.
One room down…many more to go.
And just to “Keep it Real”…this is the next room to be transformed. Poor Colton! Jenny came over and said his room looked like Amber & Gary’s house…if you watch Teen Mom, you know who I am talking about. How do you like the classy curtain pinned over the window. Needless to say the only thing Colton does in his room is sleep. His toys stay in the family room.




4 comments:
You really did a great job! And all under $300--incredible! You should be very proud of yourself!
Incredible job Nikki! You're so inspiring and creative. I wish I knew how to work that cricket (did I spell that right?) thing you use. Love his room and I know he does too!
Oh, and I love Colton's mattress on the floor of his crib. Hilarious!
I love Adam's room! You did a great job!! I think it's great that in case he starts being obsessed with something else in the future, it's changable!
*poor little Colton, his mattress is even on the floor...it's like he is in prison! haha! Can't wait to see what you do in his room!
Found this through TT&J. Love the room! You've inspired me to do some similar things w/ my boys' room. They love sports as well. I love the pillow idea :) Great post!
Post a Comment