Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Memorial Day

We had the whole family over for Memorial Day.  It was a hot one but good times…good laughs and good memories!P1070986

The decorations…P1080011

Cake pops…of course!  This is my new favorite way to make them.  Upside down.  So much easier that the other way.

P1070993P1070991

A yummy “Summer Cake”.  I will post the recipe later this week.  It more like instructions than a recipe.  You only need 3 ingredients and no baking.  My kind of cake!

P1080006

I LOVE this bee hive beverage dispenser.  I bought it at the beach last year and debated for a long time on if I should get it or not.  It was not that expensive, but I just kept wondering if I would really use it.  I am so glad I got it.

P1080013

Here is where the party went a little red neck…P1080016

the little kids loved the blow up pool as if it was a full sized in ground one.  That is until it started to slowly deflate.

P1080019

The big boys played some football.P1080020

We were introduced to a new game called ladder golf.  Thanks Chas & Liz.

P1080022

This little stinker had more fun than anyone at the party.  He literally drank out of every cup and water bottle he could find.  Every time I would turn around he was swigging out of someone’s drink, walking around begging people for food or just eating the left over food off the plates that were laying around.  Oh well.

P1080024

I assure you my children were wearing normal and cute clothing at the beginning of the party.  But both of them ended looking real rough at the end.  As you have seen in the above pictures.

HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY!

2 comments:

Denise said...

Okay, LOVE LOVE LOVE the blue hutch! Was that already in your new home? Love the white dishes in there too! You really decorate nice Nikki!

Looks like you had a fun Memorial Day, and don't worry, we all have a bit of WT in us. My boys love to hang off (yes, I said hang off) the Suburban as we drive to my sisters or parents house. That is FOR SURE WT.

Momofgirls said...

You BETTER post pictures of the new house if that is where this party was!!!! Love the darling cabinet and milkglass ;0
I might have to put a box in the mail to you soon.....