BEFORE
AFTER
Click below if you care to know the long and detailed how to.
I obviously did not invent this idea, but whoever did has a very creative imagination…I just copied it from HERE, HERE & HERE
Colton LOVES play kitchens, but I was shocked at how expensive they can be. So when I came across this idea I knew it would be perfect. I found this beauty at Good Will for $25.
This project involved a lot of help from Mark. He took all the unnecessary pieces off and moved around some parts and added trim.
Cut a hole for the sink and then I primed/painted the entire thing.
Added a mixing bowl for the sink.
Refrigerator door (MDF painted with metallic spray paint for a “stainless steel” look). And also added the back piece painted a light blue.
We took the original cabinet door and turned it into the oven by cutting out the center piece (thank you Uncle Tommy) put some plexi glass in place and added a handle from the cabinet knob section at Lowes. I think I should paint the inside of the oven black now that I am looking at this picture. Oh well. And the faucet is a CHEAP bathroom faucet from Wal Mart. The handles actually turn which makes it fun for little hands.
The stove top is made with some vinyl cut with a maze design on my silhouette and cheap wooden cabinet knobs spray-painted black.
I made some curtains and a little skirt for the middle piece.
The window is just a 8x10 picture frame with a picture I took looking out our actual kitchen window.
Check out this mini Dutch oven I found at TJ Maxx. It is an exact replica of the one I use.
I know it is a little on the girly side. I thought the blue and red fabric and the stainless steel paint would make it a little more boyish, but its OK…Colton will be in touch with his feminine side.
We are going to visit IKEA during our Spring Break trip to DC this week and I cant wait to buy THESE little accessories for the kitchen to make it all complete.




2 comments:
That has got to be one of the cutest kitchens I have ever seen!! ADORABLE!!! You two did a great job! How much did it end of costing you? Did you give it to Colton yet??
Okay, this is adorable! We were going to get MIchael a kitchen set for Christmas but the one I had my eye on was so stinkin expensive. This is too cute and unique. That's what I love about it. Way to go Nikki!
Post a Comment