It has been so sad watching all the stories from Japan and I know we have all been praying! I thought I would make a shirt to show my love and support.
I was excited to finally try out cutting FABRIC with my Silhouette. I gathered all my fabric scraps, some heat and bond and a cheap t shirt from Target.
I cut out all my fabric pieces using the Silhouette Kokeshi Doll image. It was so fun but hard deciding what fabric combinations to use. I was shocked at how well the machine cut the fabric…like Butta!
I laid out all my fabric pieces on the shirt and once I had them just like I wanted them I pressed it with a iron following the heat and bond instructions. I added a flower button for her hair bun.
I loved the shirt with just the plain doll, but then decided to add some words using t shirt heat transfer that can be cut with the Silhouette. That machine can do it all.
As usual, I got carried away and could not stop. I made a cute little apron with the same design.
MY FIRST GIVEAWAY
I thought one of you might want one of these for yourself. If not, this could get embarrassing and awkward for me. I know there are a lot of you out there who are shy and have not commented on my blog before, but this is your chance to break out and introduce yourself. If you are interested in the giveaway, just leave a comment on this post between now and Sunday night (midnight) and I will draw a name for the winner and announce it Monday morning. There will be 2 winners (one for the shirt and one for the apron) and I will ship these out to you ASAP (US locations only)





14 comments:
I love your ideas! And the apron and shirt are adorable! My heart has been with Japan all week.
How cute!!! You lured me out of lurkdom with the giveaway... :) I check out your blog when I see on Julie's blog that you have a new posting. Love your crafts, and the keepin it real posts keep me laughing!
TOO CUTE!! You could make some cute COTW shirts. There ya go, another project for you! :)
oh what beautiful idea. soo soo cuuuuuute. would be honored to win this!
I love this so much! We had a Japnanese exchange student 2 years ago and are having another this summer. Everyone is ok so we are very thankful! Love, love, love this!
soooooo sweet! I love that apron!
Oh, this is amazingly cute!!!
I heart your kindness to Japan.
We together wish all the best for Japan now.
Stay strong.
P.S: I love your shirt, the little cute doll :P
ckaylie777(at)hotmail(dot)com
WOW!!! The meaning of this giveaway is very nice!!!
It's kind of you to show just a little support but worth it
I love your creations :D
tranntb08@gmail.com
What a cute giveaway!!!
Support your event. It's very meaningful.
I love it a lot
rachicnguyen@yahoo.com
My heart aches for Japan and my family are praying for the Japanese everyday. I found your sweet blog on the weekend wrap up.
I love this idea! if I don't win I might have to make one for myself! I just found your blog from the link-up on tatertots.
These turned out so adorable! I would love to have one. Please share this at my VIP party today as well so others can enter =)http://designergarden.blogspot.com/2011/03/vip-party-7.html
I love this! Such a nice idea! I think I missed the giveaway but I just saw this today and wanted to let you know I think it's awesome. :-)
Post a Comment