Wednesday, December 8, 2010

$1 Photo Christmas Ornament

I have been slacking a little in sharing some craft ideas. So I think I have some good Christmas ideas and supplies ready to post over the next week and hopefully make up for lost time.
Here goes idea #1...and it is not really all that creative seeing as I didn't invent putting a picture in a frame. :)
I got these tiny picture frames in the $1 bin at Michaels. A little hint in case you go looking around for these and cant find them. Our Michaels has scattered the $1 bins all over the store and they are not in one place, so be sure to look all over the store. These were in the front of the store by the checkout counter. They also have them in green and silver and in different shapes too.
Cut your picture to size.

Use your glue gun, tape or whatever adhesive you have on hand and secure a ribbon to the inside of the frame.

Cut another small ribbon and tie it around the loop to make a bow.

That is it! Your done!

I decided to do something different with some of the frames and just cut a piece of scrapbook paper and framed it instead of the picture.
I cut some vinyl letters and just stuck them right on the outside of the glass (plastic). You could also use regular alphabet stickers.



These would also be cute gift tags. Ok, let me know if you make some of these or if you have any other creative ideas for the little frames.

Photobucket

3 comments:

Denise said...

Very cute idea!

Momofgirls said...

That font looks like a silhouette font.....did you get one? I thought you had the cricut!

Lovely Little Nest said...

Oooh what a fun craft! I'll definitely be making some of these ~ they'd also make great gift tags for family members! Thanks for the idea :)

Oh, and be sure to enter my CSN stores giveaway:

http://lovelylittlenest.blogspot.com/2011/01/csn-giveaway-happy-new-year.html

Happy New Year!! :)